Marc 1 Vintage Bonanza Build

I had all of the original Bonanza nuts and bolts zinc platted so everything you see is from the original mini bike minus a few that were lost in the process! :blink::no: I did get 97.5% of the pieces back, and for that I am thankful!:wink::laugh: I won't tell you which ones are replacments.:rolleyes: Also, I think I have an official roller.

Last edited:
The brake lever is mounted as is the throttle assembly. Both of these are the original from 1969. Could have saved some money buying some re-pops but I really wanted to use as many original pieces as possible.
[/url]

Last edited:
Yes this is one of the screws that did not make it back from the zinc plating. I should be able to find another. Just don't tell anyone.:wink::thumbsup:

Today I placed the rear chain. I went with the high strength chain. There is no master link for these chains as far as I know. I had to use a chain break to shorten and press together. The gold coloring on the chain matches well with the golden rope on the seat. I also went with this chain because I am tired of readjusting the chain on my 1500.

Wow! You are keeping it real on this build. Even re-plated the original hardware. Next level stuff right here.
Thanks N8. These original parts are just a little higher quality than the repops. And its kinda fun using the original parts put on at the Bonanza factory in San Jose. Brings me back.:scooter: