mercury clutches

i got a mercury clutch on a parts bike i picked up the other day and never seeing one before was wondering if they are rare and around how old might it be it is two peices with a 12 t sprocket is quite thick much thicker than a comet or max trq any info is apreciated and i will post some pics soon

Way back in 1970 when I bought my Mini Bike store the was a stock off Mercury clutches and lots of parts. But the big seller was the Horstman steel shoe clutch and I bought them for $5.05 and sold them for $15.95 . If I remember correctly Mercury ckutches had fiber type shoes and a garter spring that went around all the shoes in a groove. They worked good but I bought my parts from Flexo Products Co. and that is what they sold for such a good price.
Steve :scooter:

Clutch

i got a mercury clutch on a parts bike i picked up the other day and never seeing one before was wondering if they are rare and around how old might it be it is two peices with a 12 t sprocket is quite thick much thicker than a comet or max trq any info is apreciated and i will post some pics soon
ok i have been looking for a mercury clutch you want to sell ? E-mail eagle5419@aol.com can you send pics?????

george3

What the post is only a year or so old. The clutch might be wore out by now. What the heck, let him use it for another year. I am sure he will sell it then.

i have a mercury clutch on an old b and s 3.5 racing engine. it sais mercury GUSIO-11RC35 JC. has a chrome strip around and its red.