Mild predator build ( cruising motor )

Guys I enjoy the discussion on fuel its not gonna effect my decision, cause I know that meth makes more HP . But I'am still on the fence about what to run . The flushing part doesn't bother me just part of the job .

I've got a 26 mm pumper carb coming from a new friend I have and I'am going to try it on my clone first . I may run it on this I may not on my new motor .

One last note let's keep up the discussion. Lol

Well since this is a mild build I figured it will need some block bracing done . I started with a aluminum plate under the flywheel that ties the four post together . Also inside the block is a aluminum angle that ties the two post together where the oil alert went .this inside the block piece does clear all the internal spinning parts .

Last edited:
Today I didn't work so I finished the bracing for this block . The top girdle is made of 1/8 steel plate and 3/4 .083 wall tubing. It connects to the front tank mounts and the two top head studs and also the piece that connects to the cylinder on top .
There is also a strap that connects the head to the side cover and one that gores from the oil plug to the head .

david - you should cut the cylinder off, tig a flange onto the base
with threaded holes for studs, make a cylinder out of billet and
press in a iron sleeve. take it one step further and make it water
cooled!!! i know you could pull that off. bad azz!!!!!

Just want to say the motor is done and running , still trying to jet the carb though . For the time being it will burn gas , meth later .
For a carb right now I've gone with a 26 mm side - pumper carb that I got from David Wilson , a new friend of mine .
So far in testing its still lean as hell and I've only seen 7200 out of the motor , but from 4K to to 6700 she's pulls really hard . A had a 18.8 HP clone on it for the first testing and it feels weak compared to this motor . Today I decided to swap the Honda coil off my air compressor and put it on this motor , the GX160 got the predator coil .