Motovox MBX11 front suspension on a Doodlebug

Tested out the MBX11 forks on the shops 4 hp Doodlebug today.
Bolted right on, just had add three washers to the bottom of the steering head for spacing. Test rode the bike and immediately felt a more stable ride. Blasted across a rough field a few times and rode a little on a rocky tight trail with a few step hills.
Loved the improvement. Way more controllable.
I even felt like the forks had a sufficient spring rate for what they are. And I am 225lbs.
Of coarse your not gonna jump it. I'm not anyway....
So this is now my most favorite mini bike ever. I enjoy the low vibration and smooth power of the 4hp Lifan, and with the JS system it is plenty capable of pulling hills and offering a peppy ride. You Just don't have to fight the unpredictable front end in the air scenario and numbing vibration of the larger engine. And now a smoother and more stable ride it;s even more fun. But don't get me wrong, I love my Hotrod 6.5 DB's too. But this bike is now my favorite cruiser. The MBX11 is a great chassis with this front suspension as well, Think I'm gonna have to power up one of these the same.

I talked with Ian at Motovox today.Told him I was gonna try this out. Sounds like they might be able to get some of these ordered for us guys who want to use them on the DB's or MBX10 . He's working on it.
I give it a thumbs Up!

Put me in line on the waiting list if they are a reasonable price!! Looks pretty good on there too Brad!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Woot! The front end is my only "complaint" on the doodle and I always felt petty for thinking even that. :p

Can't wait to try this..now we've got some serious forest cruising to do. :)

Nice Baja Doodlevox you have there Brad! I saw your email this morning and was happy to hear it bolted right up. Hopefully we can make this upgrade kit available in the near future for your MBX10s. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm with everyone else, put me down for a set if the price is right!
Dont get me wrong, I love doing 50mph with limited control, kinda makes your blood flow faster!

When I ordered my MBX10 roller from Ian a a couple of weeks ago he told me he was working on making the MBX11 forks available for purchase, still hasn't happened yet. Will probably upgrade my MBX10 when they become available.