Taco Early 99 bolt together project

Finally getting to the finish line.....some paint and misc tweaking and she should be ready to rip. Thought I would shake up the Taco guys.....and add Go-Power wheels. If it don't fly,there's always the Azusa Tri-Stars in storage. And it won't be Red.........a dark metallic blue should work. Anyway,I've been busy with other,"stuff" like trying to keep working and getting paid. Like all of the rest of the oldminibikers.
Got a few more projects to finish,like Bonanzas and a Bird or 2(yawn).
From what I've seen on here,E-bay and craigs list,it's still a slow movin' economy.
jw out

Neck

Growing up is optional
Will one of you guys help refresh my memory.....Wasn't the 99 the bike Steens used to show in their advertisement in Boys Life magazine in the 60s and early 70s?

Will one of you guys help refresh my memory.....Wasn't the 99 the bike Steens used to show in their advertisement in Boys Life magazine in the 60s and early 70s?
Well, I used to stare at the mini bike ads in boy's life for hours back then. Can't say I remember this exact model. but i'm old.

T-99 Project

I think the Boys Life ads had the Bird series minis,don't remember seeing the Tacos in there.
Count Taco:eek:k,where'd you hide the forks?
jw

Neck

Growing up is optional
I think the Boys Life ads had the Bird series minis,don't remember seeing the Tacos in there.
Count Taco:eek:k,where'd you hide the forks?
jw
Yea, there were always Bird ads, but Steens ran an add that showed an artists rendering of a mini that looked a lot like a squatty Taco 99, it wasn't an actual picture. That was 40 stinking years ago! so what I think I saw may not be what I actually saw.