Taco information Help.

1stlegendtx

Is there anyone out there who has some Taco print info that is not what can be found at the Steens site? I know the Sensires book has a couple of differant pictures of the brake and a very limited parts list. It seems like there must be more some where.

1stlegendtx

What do you need to know?
I am in the process of building a T44 and a T100. I would like to see a detailed picture or drawing of the parts used from Taco originally. Things like the rear wheel axle, spacers, nuts, (George3 says the T100 uses 4 nuts on the rear axle) chain adjuster, washers, etc. I know I could just do what works but I would like it to be correct. Thanks:wink:

No, nothing like that. Bayareaburrito has an original unrestored late style 44 and may be able to provide closeup pics though. Seems like it should be similar if not the same.

george3

Same set-up on all the flat swing arm bikes. the adjuster easy to make. but it will work just fine with-out. Because of the double nuts on each side.

Last edited:
Well I talked to a friend yesterday. His Dad still has the MiniBike he got in about '69. It didn't get ridden much(long story). It's a Taco and sounds like it's a T100. He's going to his dad's place in the next couple weeks and will take lot's of photos for me.........and MAYBE bring the bike home. From what he says...it was never altered and always stored in a dry shop. I'm hoping it's as good as it sounds.

1stlegendtx

Well I talked to a friend yesterday. His Dad still has the MiniBike he got in about '69. It didn't get ridden much(long story). It's a Taco and sounds like it's a T100. He's going to his dad's place in the next couple weeks and will take lot's of photos for me.........and MAYBE bring the bike home. From what he says...it was never altered and always stored in a dry shop. I'm hoping it's as good as it sounds.
:eek::freakout:Wow that would be great to see.:clap:

I've known about it for quite a while. His Dad is quite a character, so getting the bike from him isn't going to be easy. I'd like to see him get just because it ws part of his childhood. My friend would never sell it, but he is going to ask me to put a fair price on it for him so he can try and get it by offering his Dad payment for it.