Taco Minibike

oseanc

I like mine! I think that there just more popular in Cali then the rest of the country. There perfect for cruising the neighbor hood with!:scooter:

I think that they, like the Bonanzas, are iconic and are representative of the whole mini bike craze back in the day. One buddy had a Burrito (22) and another had a Frijole. I had a Superflea and it was far and away a better ride than either of the Tacos. The Frijole was a poor man's mini back in the day. I grew up in So. Ca. and Tacos were quite prevalent. I never saw another Superflea back then.

Fred

The Taco was built for the people, like the VW a car built for the masses. When the Taco was king every thing else sucked butter milk. They sold like hot cakes in the late 1960's
Steve :scooter:

Mac

The Taco was built for the people, like the VW a car built for the masses.
....And like this 1969 Taco 22 I picked up today for $125.00 add an extra
waterpipe for a footpeg, lay back and soak up the scenery.

After a ride or two you can remove the front fork for a Myers Lynx project,
and sell a cat front wheel, generic rear wheel, a seat, an engine/clutch setup,
and the rear piece of a Taco frame at a Minibike Yardsale, and get some extra money in your pocket.

Sporty-looking little frames they be.

I like how the Taco 22 foot pegs always break off and the frame cracks at the rear of the motor plate. Keeps me in business ! I guess when your ten years old purple paint looks pretty cool. When I was ten my dad straightened me out on how cheezy they were made and bought me a Bonanza ! :laugh:

Neck

Growing up is optional
When I was ten years old, I didn't care what color it was, or if it was a Taco or a Bonanza, I just wanted a Mini Bike!