Tristin's Vintage Class Ruttman

I'm posting an undated on Tristin's build.. Not much change.. Due to we are in a search for a good 3hp briggs... I found this 2hp but there is slop in the rod... We are keeping an eye on Craigs list. The local mower shop might be able to rebuild this one. The Clinton he didn't like. Too noisy. As soon I can locate a good engine that will help dictate the color.

The Clinton he didn't like. Too noisy. As soon I can locate a good engine that will help dictate the color.
Aww, too bad. But he's not the first younger rider to dislike those 2 strokes. My grandkids hate the WB on the kart and won't ride it.

Seems to be a lot of 2HP BS out there. A 2.5 rode me (240) around surprisingly well on a small frame bike.

Better late than never.

Well, we finally got back to the build. This build I've been trying to get my son to do by him self. He is nine years old. He lost interest during the summer, until we did a camp out and I brought the minis. He got his first ride on the lil Indian. He looked at me and asked," is this my minibike??" I said no you have yours at home in the garage to build...

So as soon as we got home from the father-son camping trip he went into the garage and start drawing pictures of what colors he want his bike. I'm very happy he got interested again. The intent of this project is to show him we can do whatever you wants. So after some decisions he's decided he wants red and black and now the frame and parts will go off to powder coat. He wants pocket bike tires on the front and rear to make it look like a hot rod. The black seat will go out to the upholsterer to match the theme. I purchased a new 3.5hp Tecumseh for this build. We can get fancy later.

We got most the bike assembled.. The seat will be reupholstered. We need to get some more red on the bike. There is still more items coming in the mail.:scooter:

Thanks Pat,

He was a little tired today but he got so wrenching going. :hammer::shrug:Have you tried those Tecumseh accelerater linkages on OldMiniBikes warehouse? I need to swap this one out on the motor.