Vintage Class: Havasu Dave's Cat Hustler

That looks sweet:thumbsup: I don't know why we can't seem to get a good picture. I am also having problems. The photo might be better when its not so sunny:shrug:

Dan-E-boy

Wow Dave!:drool::drool::drool: the paint looks great!:pimp: I'm sure its even better in person.. great job man and keep those pics comin...I love choppers:thumbsup:

buckeye

Real quality build. Looks fabulous.
It would be great to get a detailed how to on your paint mixing and application techniques. You do great painting as well as explanation. Thanks Dave.

As always, thanks for the positive comments. Like many of us, these keep me motivated and headed in the right direction, and I appreciate it. (think I'll write a song)

Tom, I already won the paint argument with myself. lol, so no reason to drag it out anymore. If anyone has any questions on it, just PM me. It's really not difficult at all, the most ardorous part being standing in the paint store parking lot looking at paint chips in giant books while having to pee. :laugh:

Mitch, the tank cap came with the Wildcat, and is just on there for half-ass authenticity- since the correct one (as you know) would be the chrome fluted cap not the yellow. So the project is tucked into a garage closet waiting for parts from the chromer, while I sit on a bucket, eyeballing some of the other projects I have laying around, then grab an adult beverage, and find myself still eyeballing projects six hours and 12 beverages later. It can happen to anyone. :scooter:

As always, thanks for the positive comments. Like many of us, these keep me motivated and headed in the right direction, and I appreciate it. (think I'll write a song)

.... while I sit on a bucket, eyeballing some of the other projects I have laying around, then grab an adult beverage, and find myself still eyeballing projects six hours and 12 beverages later. It can happen to anyone. :scooter:
** how true that is. I spend more time than I want to admit staring at my projects but that might be part of the creative design process, but what do I know (maybe we should write a book instead of song). I think I have an addiction to these posts, sometimes I loose track of time when I should be doing other things. the commaderie and positive comments one receives are like candy to a kid.

kbs8ball

Damn dude!!!! nice glass work, Now i get it for sure...my vision was almost the same when we were talking about this, I was thinking only having the glass and glueing the seat pad right to the glass... you need the wood for strength i take it? Very nice job on that pan man. I hate working with fiberglass.

Damn dude!!!! nice glass work, Now i get it for sure...my vision was almost the same when we were talking about this, I was thinking only having the glass and glueing the seat pad right to the glass... you need the wood for strength i take it? Very nice job on that pan man. I hate working with fiberglass.
Thanks Kenny!

I received the Hustler decals from Spanky. I spent so much time (and rubbing compound and wax) on the tank, that I had a difficult time getting the tank decals to adhere. Finally got it though. Rear frame decal probably wasn't used on the Hustler, but that frame piece serves no purpose other than lateral support, and the other Cat bikes of the era had decals, so we put one on. Kudos to Spanky for the graphics work and getting the high quality print. Motivating to see these decals on, and something else to sit on garage bucket and contemplate. :laugh:

Last edited: