Vintage mini cycle pics

banjo

I got this 74 elsinore mr 50 more than 25 years ago. I was doing a tree job for a old guy and noticed it sitting in the garage. I commented ( after a few days of :drool:) that it was a cool bike. He told me he bought it new and his son only rode it handfull of times and lost interest and if I shaved ##$ off the bill I could have it. You guys know that one ends :deal::laugh: So I get it home , Clean the PASTE out of the carb , fire it up and take a test run and find out why sonny lost interest when I hit 2nd gear. Or should I say lack of 2nd gear. I fixed that and have loved it ever since. So aside from a gear it's 100% original unmolested and unrestored.

banjo

Thanks guys, I let the kids (now adults) boar around on $6000. atv's but my Rupp's and elsinore are off limits:hammer:. Something tells me a lot of you guy's are the same way. Dave

Last edited:
manual two speed minibike tranny

Here is the manual two speed tranny I was talking about on my Steens for sale thing.
You shift it just like a motorcycle or bicycle? but put that with a lawnmower motor and the bolt on kick starter and its still a minibike right?.

Last edited:
Minicycle madness

Minicycles were made for play and fun but they really shined when you raced rider against rider. manufacture against manufacture and throw in a proud parent and let the fun begin.
Nothing has changed yesterday I asked my Grandson who turned 15 today what car he was saving his money for? Of course it was a HONDA.
When I had my Store D&D Mini Cycle that was the constant up hill battle all the kids wanted a HONDA. Enter Todd Peterson a big time winner for my shop on an Indian SE-74
Steve :scooter:

minicycle

Hello Steve! I have been in contact with Todd about a old magazine article I found about a north vs south Hill Climb championship out at Saddleback Park on the Matterhorn hillclimb, and Todd was the winner in the minibike class on a Honda (It did not say what size 50cc? or 70cc?). but was kind cool to see after all these years!
Do you remember Stu Egli? he has a minibike Page on FaceBook about mainly old minibike racing and racers, and other old minibike racers from back in the late 1960's to early 1970's or usually on there,like Jamie Oliver,Bobby Tocco, Doug Nicole, Jim McNear, Tom Corley and others you might recognize?

Some might be joining in on this new vintage minicycle class I am starting out with clubs like calvmx.

Last edited:
minicycles

Do they have to be picture of bikes we own?:shrug:
No 1stlegendtx you dont have to have a vintage minicycle to enjoy the history about them!
Just find some old pictures are articles and share them with us, some one might remember some thing you post or wish they had rode it back then and wish they could ride it today! just like the minibikes.

Steve those are great pictures and I just notice a couple things, one being how much I had always wanted to ride one of those Indians, and thats Jamie Oliver next to Todd in the one picture, AND that brand new Dodge van with out plates in the group picture lol!

What year was that WMGP? I had raced the 1974-76 WMGP'S.
And I raced in the 110cc mini class on a J&B sponsored Kawasaki 90 mini. was running top five when it exploded, they had the piston a little too swiss cheesed out!
I had also raced in two other classes those years-the 125cc motorcycle class and 100cc motorcycle class. placed in both on Kawasaki's in 1974, and then I raced only the 125cc motorcycles at the 1975 and 1976 ones on a Honda elsinore 125, won my class at the 1976 Escape Country WMGP.

1stlegendtx

What year was that WMGP? I had raced the 1974-76 WMGP'S.
And I raced in the 110cc mini class on a J&B sponsored Kawasaki 90 mini. was running top five when it exploded, they had the piston a little too swiss cheesed out!
I had also raced in two other classes those years-the 125cc motorcycle class and 100cc motorcycle class. placed in both on Kawasaki's in 1974, and then I raced only the 125cc motorcycles at the 1975 and 1976 ones on a Honda elsinore 125, won my class at the 1976 Escape Country WMGP.
I raced once at Escape country.:thumbsup:

escape country

How did you do? what class?

Escape Country was really fun it had every thing going from motocross, to bmx, to hang gliding, fishing, grand prix's around the whole park, great camping and way back they even had Honda Odyssey rentals on their own track!
It was called The Robinson Ranch in the beginning but later changed to Escape Country.
Funny then its called" Robinson Estates" now with big buck houses on it. even after it closed years later we would sneak out there on our mountain bikes and ride back to the fishing lake and I even tried fishing out there back around 1991.
I might sneak back out there again to see if the lakes our still there just above the Estates?

One thing about Escape Country was the place had huge Cactus patches next to some of the riding trails. Where you had to watch your P's & Q's or it was sticker city. They played hell on thin tires too. I raced my big trike once on the Motocross Track and came in second. They called me the vulture because I would wait till the hot shots knocked themselves out and I swooped in and finished OK
Steve :scooter: