Vintage Minibike race @ Encino Velodrome

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
If you read your own rules. They clearly say groups of 10. And people being separated by color. Not engine or driver skill.

This is what I copied and passed around to the local guys out here. It was suppose to be just having a fun day out there. But your the ones who changed the rules at the last minute.

I can understand the last race being more guys because it's 3 winners from the following 5 races.

No crying, just stating your own rules you posted. I have to speak up for the LA guys only because that's my job to do so. You don't see anyone else saying anything from LA but me.

You guys can back Paul, Mike, or anyone else that had something to do with the discrimination that went on.

All I say is read the rules posted, then reply back.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Ok after looking at the video I have from far away. There looks to only be 10 racers on the first race. But I believe 7 of them were LA racers.

Wow, Charles that makes me look bad, as I just re-posted and am awaiting clearence for posting beyond the time period..

TT OUT!

Just being Malcom in the middle

I can understand your disappointment and frustration Charles. Distributing the Velodrome race flyer to the L.A. racers with the rules and a $25 entrance fee only to be knocked out 15 minutes in the first round. I personally did not have a specific part in the organizing of event or how minis were placed in there group. I did have a bike and rider, that by rules were not allowed to race. Paul was kind enough to bend the rules to let my bike run for the sake of fun and safety of my 10 year old son. I understand rules are rules but there are exceptions to those rules, especially if they can be bent to have fun.
Like I said, I'm just being a Malcom in the middle and its only my opinion and not taking sides but this is how I see it.

This was the first Vintage Mini Bike event the Encino Velodrome has ever had.The first Paul has ever organized
I couldn't imagine putting on, for the first time a Encino Velodrome mini bike race event of that size and it go smoothly.
The Velodrome was rented for a large sum of money, not to mention the two medics that had to be hired in order to have the event. Were talking $1,00 + and thank God for the Medics
This event was a trail event to see if the Encino Velodrome would allow us to race an event of this type every month.
I understand that if you pay $25 to race, you would expect it to be fair. Considering that the race event was in it's infancy and there was a time limit, there had to be changes in how grouping was done. I'm sure there was a grouping plan in the beginning but as time ticked an audible had to be called. Paul being the only one that has all the responsibility on his own shoulders had to make a decision.
Charles, discrimination? come on man, give Paul some slack, you know that ain't it. My bike was knocked out in the first round and Al was in the final. I would love to race that Velodrome every month but I'm afraid Paul might have called it quits on the Velodrome. The last thing a guy wants to hear is that the event he put so much time in to was BS. I think a more positive approach would have been more productive. Paul puts on a lot of events for us to have fun, all on his dime. I have never heard one guy bitch and complain at one of his bicyle events, makes me wonder.
My suggestion to all LA riders who feel they have been short changed at this race, is that you have paid $25 not to race just one race but to race the rest of the entire season. You have other races to compete in not just the Velodrome race. Maybe if we can understand what goes into organizing these events, especially a first time trail event, we would ride our minis like big kids again and have fun.

Malcom

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Ty you JD and others have been known about the BS that some how comes up at a race.

Why couldn't they just have each racer pull a sticker from a hat???? That would have saved time on thinking what's a mod motor, who's the better rider, etc.

Pulling from a hat is what they do in soap box racing. And they been doing it for years.

Having almost everyone in the first race limits how many people from LA that can make it to final. Only 3 people can advance.

But it's cool, don't bother with it. I'm done on the subject. If I go to another event it will just be me only to watch.

Edward or Paul a. k. a. REV,

THIS IS A RE-WRITE OF A POST THAT SHOULD NOT BE POSTED!

There is a question regarding how many bikes were grouped up in race 1. That I did not get to see? If fifty guys showed up, there should have been 10-10-10-10-10 respectively. If it was?? 10-10-10-10-10 then the grouping was correct. 50 entries needed two semi mains and three or four transfer’s to the main event. 10-12 of the fastest guys should represent the main event and the race should have been 15-20 laps in the main. 18 bikes on the track are too many. You saw what happened. I will review the first race video later on, now it is moot. I was not there and have no count. If the grouping was indiscriminate, then bygones should be bygones. If all the stickers were combined in a jar, as I told Charles he could have had a chance to have more than 4 of 8 rider’s in the semi’s or main event. As it went he could only have three from race one and one from the other race. I am siding with Charles. He is correct. If there were all the same entries divided by 5 heats, I will shut up! Get the facts straight so I can make a decision if the races, discriminated against the boys from the HOOD! If so, this will change. I asked Paul to call me, he chose not too. If he's a MAN he will admit a mistake was made and unfair racing practices were involved. If all the Black guys were bunched into the first race, and only three could possibly move forward, that is cold shit! If the hat was used, he would not have said a word. It could have been an all Black main event had the hat been used. If his boy knew how to count and looked for the black and white checkered flag, he would have the trophy on the mantel. I would not participate if this procedure proves unfair to the boys in the HOOD He brings eight guys and lays down $200.00 and gets slammed into a class of 10 where seven of his boys, four had no chance of moving up. So call or post and let’s get the bugs out...

If I have to raise $50,000 dollars to give to Charles to get him on the Podium I will. Just to bitch slap anyone, who deliberately makes things difficult, you know I can and will do it, just to show you who, what and why I am the TERMINATOR.

If REV runs the show and EDWARD does not. Then I must say after hearing of the last race where details of the checkpoints were not given to the BOYS IN THE HOOD WHO WERE UNFAMILAR WITH CHECKPOINT LOCATIONS, had to follow riders THEN AGAIN, Dude wake the hell up!

The Veledrome was finished by 11:00 AM and if two semi’s and a practice session and hat drawings should be considered, or I just will disassociate period.

I am not just arbitrarily siding with the boys from the HOOD. This is RACING and it must be fair on all levels of competition. I had bet against them anyhow. Now, I see Paul is a just big Pussy…

TT OUT! :smile:

Last edited:
Ty you JD and others have been known about the BS that some how comes up at a race.

Why couldn't they just have each racer pull a sticker from a hat???? That would have saved time on thinking what's a mod motor, who's the better rider, etc.

Pulling from a hat is what they do in soap box racing. And they been doing it for years.

Having almost everyone in the first race limits how many people from LA that can make it to final. Only 3 people can advance.

But it's cool, don't bother with it. I'm done on the subject. If I go to another event it will just be me only to watch.

First of all,Charles you would complain if you got hung with a new rope. Second of all,Why are you giving your WHY COULDN"T THEY crap to an event that was not put on by you. Third off,Soapbox cars DO NOT HAVE ENGINES IN THEM. Fourth off,your guys paid to race with us for the whole season,not just to race the Velodrome. There was no discrimination going on,somebody has to win and somebody has to lose.
Every time you come and race in our events,in your mind something is not fair. WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING BACK ??????????????
I like you Charles,BUT YOU JUST SNIVEL TO MUCH !!
You guys only come out to race with us when you think you can win, I don't see all you guys coming out for the dirt races.
Paul is not going to call anyone,the race is over and if you don't like the way things are run,DON'T COME BACK !!!!!!!
Groups of 10 was an estimate,There would not be groups of ten if there was 53 people or 48 people or 44 people.

EVIL ED
PS CHARLES, You put something on, and I no damn well your rules will change at the last minute.

If things are not fair,Why did Paul agree to a final race of three when your guy stopped before the finish line. Because he knew you would say something was not fair. Paul is a fair man, HE GAVE YOU ANOTHER CHANCE TO WIN AND YOUR DRIVER BLEW IT !!!!!!!!

tomsprops

Wow ! How does something so FUN turn to DoDoo afterwards ? The bottom line isn't Winning or Whining ! It's the fact that we all got to PLAY on Sunday ! Thanks to Lucky and the Rev ! Pulling the Race(as in color) Card is just Stoopid ! It has nothing to do with Minibiking .Or what's going on with the races . If the guy's would have won they would have advanced ! Dave Won, He advanced ! I didn't so I didn't ! It has nothing to do with my color.

Someone post more pictures and videos so those of us that didn't get to go, can see what you guys did do.

If you've got more bickering to do about this, take it to PMs.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Being seperated by color means the color of the sticker you got ! NOT THE COLOR OF YOUR SKIN !!
Are you really that stupid , Charles ?
Nothing about skin color, not a racist thing. We came with blacks, whites, and spanish. It was more of a LA / valley thing. That's why I said LA riders.

People should have pulled there own color stickers randomly from a hat. Like in soap box racing.

Investigation Completed in 72 hours post race.

I side completely and objectively with Ed. Period end quote. All the facts are in except one, rather non important one? Who owns the bicycle shop on Saticoy Ave. with all the trash out front? Question answered....It's our own, "Side Show Bob." ......I own Vintage Schwinn Bicycles..Never been there before...

A good time was had by all that attended. There were two casualties. A torn up ankle and a fractured clavicle.

Now, this thread is locked from further criticism and the record books stand!

Toms Props. Do you understand me yet?

Case closed.

TT OUT!

Last edited:
If a group of us came down from WA and you put us all together,,, I would have been pissed too and there would be more than two casualty's! :001_tongue:

Whats so hard about dividing the total racers evenly then drawing from a hat to see who's in what heat? :eek:ut:

Engine mods don't matter since you have only one winner and most weren't "stock" or "vintage" anyway! AND the slow bikes would be eliminated in each heat.

Hell, some of you dudes ride Baja's,,,, WHAT the hell does that have to do with a "VINTAGE " race. :eek:ut:

I think the LA guys got the shaft and MDB is just stating the facts. (not whining)

BTW, things are more "fun" when they are fair and the whole thing sounds fishy, if it was a fishing durby MDB was only given three worms and you guys got a dozen. Who's has the chance to catch the most fish? :tongue:

GTO,

I talked about the hat. Quailifing would have be good. Thirty lap feature based on time trials would be good. For once we do agree on something?
Do you hear the word, Pussy in your head? I fish with lures.. I don't catch much, however the fish don't mind at all...lol

Thanks for chiming in, you freekin gun toating road hazard...lol

EDWARD DE EVIL is the New President elect!

TT

I got to go run the echo stress test @ 11:30 PST, so if I do not post, I am in the hospital or dead.....

Last edited: