Vintage Minibike race @ Encino Velodrome

Ed,

I have to say in all honesty you did a fantastic job of promoting a Legal Sanctioned Race.

Buddy boy, you earned all the repect due of a professional promotor.

Huge pat on the back!

Can't fool the old man.

Can't pick a winner like the Kid!

I called it before it happened! Crystal Ball...He rode a spectacular race!

TT Out!

Last edited:
Thanks TT
I'm just the biggest and oldest flunky in the SFVISBF organization !
We really need to thank Rev106 and Lucky 13 for all their hard work also.
THANKS BUDDIES !!!!! :thumbsup:

You did call it right on TT :thumbsup:

tomsprops

The biggest casualty was Edwin with a broken collar bone ! He said he could hear something crunching !!!
Yes, the EMT's had thier hands full !
TT and Neck I was looking for a couple of guy's with tiedyed shirts and a chainsaws ? But I never saw you . I was trying to represent by wearing my Old Mini Bikes.com Tshirt . Sorry we didn't get to meet .

Tom,

I did see you with the OldMiniBikes shirt. I saw the tye dye guy as well. I try to keep a very low profile at these events. I told Ed who I was, and asked him to keep quiet as in person, I do not boast or show off or try to impress people. I had on a Blue shirt, black jeans and I called the race before the green flag waived. I hung out near the gate. Ed knew exactly who I was, before I fessed up!

We will get another chance, I am in the "circle of trust" and Ed knows I look OK for a guy who was dead for about three seconds. He also knows. I am 1/2 of the California Blues2 We did a job of creating havoc with girls parents in the seventies.

I had a left broken collarbone as well. Do not try to lift anything above neck level for weeks. Getting a plate out of the cabinet can prove challenging..? It only takes seven pounds of pressure to pop it and that was a hard hit and the guy had no choice but to hold his line.. OOPS! THAT'S RACING!

With an echo stress test on Wednesday. Mom going to the Hospital Tuesday. I just could not justify loosing a huge settlement check, being stupid and being photographed as disabled in the head and arteries. I wanted out there baad!

TT OUT!

Neck

Growing up is optional
Sorry I didn't introduce myself Tom I was standing next to Ed by the gate and he pointed you out to me but.......

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I seen all of you guys there at the race. It was nice to be there, and I brung a lot of LA riders with me there.

There was a lot of drama involve that kind of pissed me off. Not any of the stuff at the end. My rider was clearly in the lead, he just accidentally stopped racing a 1/2 lap to short.

I was upset with the first race. 95% of the LA racers was in the first race, which was total BS:thumbdown: Other than that it was a good event.

tomsprops

I'm not sure how the bikes were grouped ? But I think they were gouped by visable engine mods ? I was in that group as well . I'm just assumed it was because of my bike having a big engine ?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I'm not sure how the bikes were grouped ? But I think they were gouped by visable engine mods ? I was in that group as well . I'm just assumed it was because of my bike having a big engine ?
Naw, that's what they told us
But it's totally BS
If you would have been in another race you would have maybe cruised to the finals. You bike is setup to good, and you have good power onboard. But you didn't have room to move.

Darryl is another friend of mine that came also from LA. His bike was completely stock with only a air filter. They put him in the race as well. And you could clearly see other modified bikes in other races. Every race was won by a modified bike.

Al's bike had a carb, intake, header, fuel pump, race clutch, and a tach on it.

If everyone races each other in the end it wouldn't make a difference to mix the classes of modified motors. The first race had way to many bikes in it. The some of the other races had 8, and 10 bikes. Total BS:thumbdown:

rev106

Perhaps you guys can go to the trouble to try and set up an event like this before you start your bitching.

Next time just stay home and watch tv, I'm done going through all this trouble, time and expense to hear you crybabies.

out.

Neck

Growing up is optional
I seen all of you guys there at the race. It was nice to be there, and I brung a lot of LA riders with me there.

There was a lot of drama involve that kind of pissed me off. Not any of the stuff at the end. My rider was clearly in the lead, he just accidentally stopped racing a 1/2 lap to short.

I was upset with the first race. 95% of the LA racers was in the first race, which was total BS:thumbdown: Other than that it was a good event.
Dude I don't know who your rider was (not personally anyway) But he impressed the crap outta me! Every time he went into turn one I kept expecting the front end to fold up and him to high side! He puts a lot of faith in that skinny little front wheel too.The way that bike wiggled after the frame unloaded, well he did a great job and put on a real good show! I hope you all had fun anyway, I don't care who won, I thought it was a real good event!

Neck

Growing up is optional
The biggest casualty was Edwin with a broken collar bone ! He said he could hear something crunching !!!
Yes, the EMT's had thier hands full !
TT and Neck I was looking for a couple of guy's with tiedyed shirts and a chainsaws ? But I never saw you . I was trying to represent by wearing my Old Mini Bikes.com Tshirt . Sorry we didn't get to meet .
Was Edwin the guy in the silver helmet that got tangled up with the guy that spent the rest of the race in the EMT tent? He got smacked pretty hard by someone who couldn't dodge him when he went down!

Rev,
I know Ed speaks very highly of you. I do completley understand frustration. I am not sure what you are reffering too. So please, elaborate so I can comment on your post. Who are you reffering too? What are you angry about? How can you contribute more than you did? Edward is an AWESOME promotor, despite his personal video. I would ride his bikes personally, if I needed a ride. You need to clarifiy what your angry about in a PM an email or a phone call. The choice is yours. Did you read the instructions posted about whining? Lets speak privately and work this issue out. If not I call you on it and make it stick. Your serve>>>>

TT OUT!

Do not use my OUT! lol

I am ruff and tough and impossible to bluff!! Take down/check mate!
mailforcurtis@aol.com/
818-521-2109

code blue curtis :eek:ut:

With 50 guys on the roster wanting to race,there is not enough time to ask every person what is done to their bike. Besides that, everyones bike is stock, LOL !!! This race was put on for FUN !!!!!!!!! NOT FOR COMPETITIVE PURPOSES !!! Thats what the SFVISBF is all about, HAVING FUN !!!!!!!!
If you want to be competitive and break everyone into classes,
START YOUR OWN RACES OR STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!
What part of fun doesn't everyone understand??????????
I had a blast and I didn't even race. :thumbsup:

the video is on you tube but it does not do it justice at all.[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSAiOhbR7yw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSAiOhbR7yw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Naw, that's what they told us
But it's totally BS
If you would have been in another race you would have maybe cruised to the finals. You bike is setup to good, and you have good power onboard. But you didn't have room to move.

Darryl is another friend of mine that came also from LA. His bike was completely stock with only a air filter. They put him in the race as well. And you could clearly see other modified bikes in other races. Every race was won by a modified bike.

Al's bike had a carb, intake, header, fuel pump, race clutch, and a tach on it.

If everyone races each other in the end it wouldn't make a difference to mix the classes of modified motors. The first race had way to many bikes in it. The some of the other races had 8, and 10 bikes. Total BS:thumbdown:

Hey Charles
You guys do things different than us. We have fun and your to competitive.
When you come to our events its to have fun,its not the alley or Mansville.
There is no crying in the SFVISBF. If I get put in a class with 6.5 clones and I'm on my stock 5hp briggs with a pipe,thats just the way it is.
The classes were also divided up on the drivers experience,and a visual look at what might be done to the engine. The class that had the 8 to 10 bikes were I think the stock looking engines.
Remember, you just can't please everyone at something like this.
Later Ed

I could not have said it better!

Edward, you continue to impress the "Kid" with you integrety, guts and fortitude. I do believe Charles has a right to bring as many competitors as necessary to get on the podium. They just need to learn to stop when they see the "checkered flag." It's a tough world out there and he is the MAN to teach them when to nail it, when, where is the finish line. He is the leader of the HOOD! I must say if he can build them, he can teach em.

I never saw a white flag all day!

EDWARD, the world is in your hands as the San Fernando Valley Mini Bike Association Ruler. You cannot please everyone and should not try. The reason you did not see the white flag all day is "we never give up!" Long live the FUN! If you are not happy start with the man in the mirror and things changed real fast. I was wearing a ($20,000) twenty thousand dollar, Black Onyx Rolex Presidential. Why Me!?? A gift from above I recon?

I want Charles there on the track with a heard of riders that insist on winning! They pay they play. Never, take the pleasure out of the sport! He is driven like myself for 200 years. Talk to me about opression in 4800 more years and I will listen to your story! They call me the Terminator...

TT OUT! :hack:

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I'm not crying about anything.
He should have divided anything up. Just put 11 guys per race no matter the mods or driver skills they claim to put in by. It looked like it to me and the other racers and supporters that came out there from LA.

I went out of my way to make flyers and pass them out to the LA guys. We all met up at my house at 6am, and left to the valley to all go out and have fun. We did have fun, but that was a major complaint that everyone came to me with.

I'm the main guy that does and setups all the stuff out in LA. And we all feel the same way. Like there was discriminating going on. I personally hate to feel that way inside.

But when I wasn't the only guy to feel this way it may it into a big deal.

You or anyone can call me
323-945-4185 Charles