Recent content by dmetcalf69

1. dmetcalf69

Shifter Minibike Build

Nice build Aston Jag that is an awesome build.
  2. dmetcalf69

The OX . . . 2

That project is looking awesome can't wait to see where you go with it. Love those tires...
  3. dmetcalf69

I need some help identifying this.

I can't help identify the frame but I like it. I like it a lot. I assume a rebuild is on the way, can't wait to see it.
  4. dmetcalf69

New rides entry: 2012 Bad Dog Gigantic Ballon

oh first hurdle overcome, well almost. I figured out the motor surging was a dirty carburetor, a full clean and rebuild solved that and the idling issue. I need to figure out the Governor issue and the alignment issue with the TAV. But one step closer.
  5. dmetcalf69

The OX . . . 2

That could be a cool idea, I think I would at least like to see it. I do think I might pose an issue turning side by side like that. Something to think about maybe dually in the and a single wider tire in the front. I would like to see the posts as to why not do it there seems to be some...
  6. dmetcalf69

New Member, Some advice greatly appreciated!

I second the Bad Dog frame at least. Mine was a bit rough but clean up wasn't that bad and a great place to start. Take a look at mine I am 6' and was about 240 when I built it and it is very comfortable. Plus the balloon tires add some cushion.
  7. dmetcalf69

Mini Rokon - A 2x2 Azusa Build

Wardog, congratulation sir the bike looks great. I can't wait to see what else you have in mind for the add-ons. What is the OD of your handle bars? I am trying to find a thumb throttle for mine but my bars are 1" making it tough to find anything... Brakes included, I am also interested in...
  8. dmetcalf69

Shifter Minibike Build

I built one from a kit 5 years ago but was never really happy with it. Recently dug it out and am fixing it up as I can, trying real hard not to take it to a small engine guy. BTW outstanding first build...
  9. dmetcalf69

Thanks for the encouragement Possom Point.
  10. dmetcalf69

Shifter Minibike Build

Sweet ride, great job. After being here for several days maybe a week I think I need to go find a beginners board. Everyone here seems to be a master fabricator, engine builder, MiniBike/GoKart experts. Feeling shy now... Beautiful bike.
  11. dmetcalf69

Baja heat "reconstructed"

Looks like this is a fun project. I love the build phase... Have fun
  12. dmetcalf69

Thank you for the white paper on the TAV30. I'll have to check it but I need to get the engine running properly first ar at least at the same time. I think I need to find an inexpensive mechanic that doesn't cost me more than a regular mechanic. :doah:
  13. dmetcalf69

Without sounding stupid how do you align those pulleys? The Torq a Verter came on the engine. So I have never messed with it. I mounted the engine and tried to pull the slack out of the chain (I think I need a tensioner) but that was it.
  14. dmetcalf69

Mini Rokon - A 2x2 Azusa Build

You have got mad skills... Love both these bikes for all the different reasons. Looks fabulous.