2016 MiniKenny Bonanza BC500 vintage open

Yes, it's called a blind hole puller. Autozone rents them. I've used mine several times.

OEM/Blind hole puller set 27128 - Read 1 Reviews on OEM #27128
Awesome tool, I was thinking slide hammer would be nice. :thumbsup: Since this wasn't a blind hole I was able to drive it out with a slightly modified $0.01 washer. 3/4" OD with 1/16" ground off each side so it would drop down the 5/8" hole.

you cleaned it up so good you could keep it raw and just clear coat it :laugh::thumbsup:
Haha thanks Tim. I do want to do that someday but not on a 'nanza :laugh:

Very nice work Kenny!! That engine plate came out great!! :thumbsup:
I'm pretty ecstatic about it. I gotta learn how to run one of those magic metal makers lol. :thumbsup:

Those bushings were really worn. Not the top one so much, but the bottom one I bet is closer to 11/16" than 5/8" ID. That was contributing to my troubles driving it out. Instead of a full 1/16" wall thickness to drive on, it was closer to 1/32" and the improvised punch kept slipping off, nothing to bite on.

buckeye

First off, thanks for all the encouragement and support :thumbsup:

I thought I'd better clean off a spot on the bench and show a couple of things that have me excited. :laugh:

First is my manchester1 seat! I've had it for a few days but didn't bring it down to the shop, I didn't want to get it dirty :laugh: It will be going back in the box until I need it now. Thank you Karen :bowdown: it is beautiful!

Second is I have my engine plate about smoothed out. I can still barely feel a couple of spots with my fingers but you really have to look and almost know the holes were there before to find them. :thumbsup: I had to remind myself that 80% of the repair will be covered by the engine anyway. :doah:

Thirdly I FINALLY got the fork lowers unstuck from some 1100 forks. I've decided that this bike will be a BC1100 now. :thumbsup: The hacked up forks that came with this can go with the hacked up frame I got these forks off for a future project.

Fourth I had a slight change of engine plans. That Honda is leaking oil from I don't know where, and it's only 160cc, and well those are just excuses. To me, Hondas have to be red, and once I saw the gold on my beautiful seat I knew this Bonanza has to be blue. I know I'm crazy. :eek:ut::laugh:

I want to be a little different (or maybe just copy Buckeye. :laugh:) I got a great deal on a ball bearing Intek 206cc engine off a pressure washer. Model 121432. The guy had it sitting outside for he didn't even know how long. I almost turned around and left but when I saw the 3 in the model number I decided to take a chance. I brought it home and removed the pump to make sure somebody didn't just swap valve covers. I dumped all the water out of the tank, (It barely even smelled like gas!) dropped and dumped out the carburetor bowl, wiped it out. There was some corrosion but not as much as I expected. Put that back on, oil looked ok but I changed it for good measure. Air filter had been soaked, all wavy and rusty, I had a new one so I changed it. Didn't even look at the spark plug. Put fresh gas in it and she fired right up!!! Sounds strong too.

I'm thinking clean and paint the engine tins. Maybe an animal cam and rod, possibly carb. I'll be shopping for stuff including a fuel tank now.

I'm also thinking this project will be nice enough to warrant sandblasting and powder coating. So I am welcoming any advice or recommendations on that subject. Wow this is a long post. If anyone is still reading all of this, I have a question: How do you protect the neck bushings during sandblasting? Is it removeable? Thanks for looking and any answers or advice you may have. :thumbsup:

These pics needed moved forward.
Excellent work right here I'll tell ya..

And got bearings out.wwwwoooowoooohoooo

These pics needed moved forward.
Excellent work right here I'll tell ya..

And got bearings out.wwwwoooowoooohoooo
Thank you sir. :thumbsup: My buddy did all the welding. I just ran the grinder and file. Bushings/bearings are easy if you have the right tool! :laugh:

Well Kenny , whats up with the engine ??
I'm waiting for Buckeye to show me how to rebuild it. :laugh:

Actually just procrastinating. Sorta shopping for parts. I have an animal rod and cam but that's it so far. I need to get my butt in gear, or just order a red nose & be done with it. :biggrin:

buckeye

Bwwwwaaahhaaaaa!!!!

Wait til ya try to start it.:laugh:

This really is a cool build. You have been a good addition to the forum.:thumbsup:

I finally called a place about sandblasting/powdercoating. They said around $200 plus or minus. Unless they don't have the powder in stock, then an extra $30. That's as close as he would get on the phone.

I guess I'll haul it up there and hopefully drop it off. It doesn't look like a lot of other close by options. :shrug:

I finally called a place about sandblasting/powdercoating. They said around $200 plus or minus. Unless they don't have the powder in stock, then an extra $30. That's as close as he would get on the phone.

I guess I'll haul it up there and hopefully drop it off. It doesn't look like a lot of other close by options. :shrug:
If they do good work that's not too bad !! I blasted my frame myself at my Buddies shop , took 2 hours , the powder coat guy blasted it again ( better ) then baked it to pull all the impurities out of the metal , washed it and then hand sanded it , so if your guy is good $200 or plus is fair IMO !

Last edited: