6.5 flat top piston with Milled head too Much??

125ccCrazy

I have a 6.5 that I am going to build, I dropped the head off to get milled .065... My questions are, Will a flat top piston with the head milled be too much compression?? next question: which engine has teh flat top piston stock?? gxv160 mower engine or the gx160 horiz shaft eng??

I'll be getting a billet rod and either a billet flywheel or a gxv160 alum flywheel, most likely the billet.... I am also looking at a 265 lift cam... I'll probably be running a vm22 or 24mm mikuni, not sure on the carb yet, I have to get more info on that part, which one will work best?..

i was told that it would be ok on a 5.5. i plan on running a flat top and millilng the head 0.10.

you'll probably need to run 110 octane or higher at that point. that stuff is $12 a gallon around here.

125ccCrazy

i was told that it would be ok on a 5.5. i plan on running a flat top and millilng the head 0.10.

you'll probably need to run 110 octane or higher at that point. that stuff is $12 a gallon around here.
yeah definately race gas (Cam2), it's about $5.50 to $6 a gal here.. We run that in our other bikes..

I just don't want to get it all together and not be able to pull it over..

125ccCrazy

Last edited:
those are different. my buddy has installed them here at work. they go into the spark plug hole from what he said. there's a chance they may be aftermarket. i don't feel like looking right now or bugging him about it.

125ccCrazy

those are different. my buddy has installed them here at work. they go into the spark plug hole from what he said. there's a chance they may be aftermarket. i don't feel like looking right now or bugging him about it.
there are some others but from what I read they fit in the second plug hole for dual plug heads?? I dunno.. all the ones I have found look pretty much the same and require a second hole..

Last edited:
there are some others but from what I read they fit in the second plug hole for dual plug heads?? I dunno.. all the ones I have found look pretty much the same and require a second hole..
i don't know. he said it would work on my motor and we should try one once i get the compression bumped up.

Need more information.
What motor: GX200 or GX160?
What cc head to begin with: 14cc(Early GX160), 18cc(Late GX160), or 22cc(GX200)?
What head gasket: .010 (GX200 Gasket) or .045 (GX160 Gasket)?

Assuming this is a 6.5 clone, with a 22cc head and GX200 gasket, your looking at around 11.4:1 CR which is fairly mild still for one of these. Many people go up to 14.1:1 or so with a decked block and 14cc head.

Most GX200 cams already have a compression release, you think you need another?

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

Need more information.
What motor: GX200 or GX160?
What cc head to begin with: 14cc(Early GX160), 18cc(Late GX160), or 22cc(GX200)?
What head gasket: .010 (GX200 Gasket) or .045 (GX160 Gasket)?

Assuming this is a 6.5 clone, with a 22cc head and GX200 gasket, your looking at around 11.4:1 CR which is fairly mild still for one of these. Many people go up to 14.1:1 or so with a decked block and 14cc head.

Most GX200 cams already have a compression release, you think you need another?
gx200 head (clone)
.010 head gasket
flat top piston

I don't want the compression so high I have to use an elect starter every time I want to start it, I was figuring 12:1 max on compression..

I thought about the stock compress release, should I keep that or go with a release valve??

gx200 head (clone)
.010 head gasket
flat top piston

I don't want the compression so high I have to use an elect starter every time I want to start it, I was figuring 12:1 max on compression..

I thought about the stock compress release, should I keep that or go with a release valve??

stock compresion reslease works fine, i have motors onver 12 to 1 and you can still pull start it........

Stang hit the nail on the head. I sent my head out not knowing it was 22cc. It's coming back as is and I am getting a different head done for more compression.

14cc 18cc OK
22 cc no go $12.00 waste of shipping to save $50.00... lol

TT

OUT!

Good luck!

reogjrejgerjgrejgorijgoirjgoirjgjreoijrjrwreio 12.5 to 1 minimum.....:doah: