Briggs animal build

delray

symco is located in northern wi and every year in the second week of august they mini drags on clay......125ft with a big car show and the place is setup with bunch of old buildings and steam tractors,lots of vintage stuff to look at and see running. last year they had about 60 bikes sign up. earlier i was asking derek if this engine might be for mini-drags(symco) and it kind of sound like he might come. so thats where the symco came from ....:thumbsup:

ole4 or trinik7597, are the briggs intek series heads the same as the animal, but with the smaller valves or they completely different. also is there any advantages with cast iron sleeve engines or are you just carrying dead weight.
The Intek has the same size valves--different P/N and I'm sure different composition. What's different is the intake port tunnel--as shown earlier. My Intek was an old style block without bearings but with a sleeve--studs for magneto are different, so a problem if you wanted to use a PVL ignition.

Intek heads have a d shaped intake port. They also use flathead style valve spring retainers. Animal heads have a round intake port and use a valve spring retainers and split locks. Have you gotten the animal finished and fired up? I built an animal for Buckeye and he loves it. I used a Dyno-002 cam with a compression release so he could pull start it.

Last edited:
Intek heads have a d shaped intake port. They also use flathead style valve spring retainers. Animal heads have a round intake port and use a valve spring retainers and split locks. Have you gotten the animal finished and fired up? I built an animal for Buckeye and he loves it. I used a Dyno-002 cam with a compression release so he could pull start it.
He still has to have his wife start it for him :laugh: Very nice engine BTW !!

buckeye

Yes, continue to keep us posted.

You will go ooooohhh chit when you wind it up.
Just wants to keep going.
As Blaise said, who did a great job on my engine, I love it.
And still haven't had the testosterone to open it up.

Well this build should be back on track shortly....We put it on the back burner, while I decided to take my time figuring out just what intake setup I wanted to use. Went with "The Cool" setup from Faster Motors....it's pretty trick and looks cool to boot (pun intended) :laugh:
Excited to see and hear this little beast roar to life soon :thumbsup:

And a HUGE thanks to Tim !!!

Well this build should be back on track shortly....We put it on the back burner, while I decided to take my time figuring out just what intake setup I wanted to use. Went with "The Cool" setup from Faster Motors....it's pretty trick and looks cool to boot (pun intended) :laugh:
Excited to see and hear this little beast roar to life soon :thumbsup:

And a HUGE thanks to Tim !!!
Tim sold me this motor last month. :eek:ut: