Building me a Ruttman

OK gentleman, heres the real deal.

Cut the top first

Then the bottom

Left side lower

Left side fins

Right side lower

Right side fins

Rear of case minus the timing gear house.

Rear timing case.

Entire front

And there you have it

OK gentleman, heres the real deal.

Cut the top first

Then the bottom

Left side lower

Left side fins

Right side lower

Right side fins

Rear of case minus the timing gear house.

Rear timing case.

Entire front

And there you have it

SIMPLY AMAZING !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

How I ever missed this is beyond me...very, very nice. You do very nice work. I'm at 14& Mound Sterling Heights side ...cant be too far from you...

Some progress today!

I started with a piece of 1/4 inch plate and machined the back side so that when the part is complete the back would have a nice finish for paint.

Into the vise with the good side down the inside is machined out and the mounting holes drilled.

I call it a fixture but it's just flat stock with 2 holes drilled and tapped. The part is bolted to it for machining.

The outside profile is then cut

On the same piece of material a second fixture is made. 2 holes and a pocket to clear the piece so the rear can be accessed.

Then some small cuts are made to fonish the back.

Still needs a few details but it's 95% done.

Managed to squeeze this in before rebuilding the bath tub faucet and painting 3 bedrooms. The original engine had a magneto triggered by a magnet on the flywheel. I am going to go with the CDI board. The bracket in the photo will hold the hall sensor and give me a little bit of adjustment.

capguncowboy

good call on the CDI board. I bet a points system would be pretty difficult to tune on something so tiny. .035 btdc would tune in to ~.006 btdc. Then thousandths of an inch become more crucial than ever.