Doodle Bug Sprocket Adapters For Sale

hey i notice u said u tried a varying number of sprocket sizes im hopeing to tinker with the gearing a bit and im running the stock doodlebug 70 tooth i bealive it is and just threw the hf 6.5 it goes around 33 mph would a smaller toothed rear gear get me into the fortys what did yall discover swapping off that stock gear ?

With the stock 6.5 it will be hard to get into the upper forty's let alone the 50's. The reason is drag from the tires and the down force of weight. If you are getting 33 mph out of your bike now I would assume you still have the governor on. 43 was the top speed we got out of a stock 6.5 on the stock gearing ungoverned, intake, exhaust, jet and 18 lbs springs. A 57 gear is the tallest gear I have played with its super fast but usable in the lower speeds. If you are keeping the engine stock 66 would be the lowest gear I would go with but you will decrease take off power dramatically.

I have sold my last adapter and OldMiniBikes has taken over the sales. OldMiniBikes Sprockets

So from here on out you can get them there. I will be glad to still answer any questions about the adapters.

Chris

Also couple new designs.

http://OldMiniBikes.com/images/P/OMBDB2.jpg

http://OldMiniBikes.com/images/P/OMBDB1.jpg

and the Original

http://OldMiniBikes.com/images/P/OMBDB3.jpg

Last edited:
Well the problem with selling a sprocket with out huge numbers is the price. HENT would have to charge $30 each sprocket to cover cost with no profit. Just go to eBay and check out those. There pretty cheap under $20 shipped and I think they do ship to Canada.

fonz

Chris,
I want to change to a #41/420 chain on my doodle, but I cannot find a rear spocket to fit your adaptor any where that will bolt right up with out drilling new holes. Any idea where I might find one? I'm tired of #35 chain stretching so easily. I'll bite the bullet and plan to go with a #420 o-ring chain.
My sincere thanks for any help you can give me.

Fonz

Last edited:
Wow cruddy they dont make any #40/41 for that adapter. My suggestion is go with #219 instead. But to be honest high quality RLV #35 chain will last most go kart racing guys a whole season. If you are using the RLV and having problems with stretch you may have the alignment off causing binding.

Followed your link to the 40/41 sprockets. Did not see any. Have a 41 clutch and jackshaft coming but cannot find a way to mount a 41 rear sprocket with or without your adapter. The universal 41 sprockets center hole is too big and you cannot drill for our bolt pattern. Do you know of any place that sells split 41 sprockets?
Wow cruddy they dont make any #40/41 for that adapter. My suggestion is go with #219 instead. But to be honest high quality RLV #35 chain will last most go kart racing guys a whole season. If you are using the RLV and having problems with stretch you may have the alignment off causing binding.

Will this fit your adapter? It's not split! Are you on a 5-1/4 bolt hole circle?
#41 54T Manco Sprocket

Steel Sprockets For #40, 41 & 420 Chain
Used on Live Axle Go Karts
5-1/4" Bolt Hole Circle, 4-9/16" ID

Part Number Description Outer Diameter Price Add to Shopping Cart
2166-40 SPROCKET 40 TOOTH 4-9/16" ID 6-5/8" 27.50

6282 SPROCKET 54 TOOTH 4-9/16" ID 8-7/8" 28.50

9338 SPROCKET LA 420P 60T 9-3/4" 29.50

Fits Sprocket Hub Part #1872, #APH1, #APH124 or #APHM
Six 1/4" Bolt Holes on a 5-1/4" Bolt Circle, 4-9/16" Center Hole

Last edited: