"Garage of broken dreams" builds...part 1

"Garage of Broken Dreams"...Part 1
Well..as most of you know I have tons of projects that are not far from being finished. Some may just need one piece of unobtanium or another. Or I just forgot about them and tossed them in a box. Either way..this year I need to complete many of them and will do it in a series. This bike was from last years build off. I just got the frame back before Christmas after it being re-chromed for the forth time. This is patterned after my first chrome Ruttman I owned. It was a basic bike with 4'' steel wheels...no fenders...no extra. The dispute over the originality of the bike was always a question since most had 5'' rims. But I like it....so it gets the 4'' wheels. On this one..I will not post all the pics I had on the build thread. I will keep it basic and minimal. Anyways..here it goes.
Before....

Now as it sits today....

fistfullabar

"Garage of Broken Dreams"...Part 1
Well..as most of you know I have tons of projects that are not far from being finished. Some may just need one piece of unobtanium or another. Or I just forgot about them and tossed them in a box. Either way..this year I need to complete many of them and will do it in a series. This bike was from last years build off. I just got the frame back before Christmas after it being re-chromed for the forth time. This is patterned after my first chrome Ruttman I owned. It was a basic bike with 4'' steel wheels...no fenders...no extra. The dispute over the originality of the bike was always a question since most had 5'' rims. But I like it....so it gets the 4'' wheels. On this one..I will not post all the pics I had on the build thread. I will keep it basic and minimal. Anyways..here it goes.
Before....

Now as it sits today....
Nice but your killing me them tiny pictures!!!

Thanks guys...
And I will make the rest of the pics bigger from now on...sorry.
And David..not going huge power on this one. Basically a late 60s Briggs or Tec because of the wheel size and nature of this build. But some of my upcoming builds will be more along those lines.

Just out of curiousity how much did it cost to the have the frame and fork chromed? I've got an Eltigre waiting in the wings.

I hate to open old wounds, but why did it take four tries to chrome?

Just out of curiousity how much did it cost to the have the frame and fork chromed? I've got an Eltigre waiting in the wings.

I hate to open old wounds, but why did it take four tries to chrome?
I was wondering the same.
Well..the frame was back and forth since April last year till just before Christmas(long story). Why it took so many times you ask..that is a good question. I really don't know the answer. I am a bit picky and maybe a little to picky sometimes. But I only plan on building it once...and want it the way I want it. And cost of chrome was about 350 ish. I had a lot of stuff done at the same time so that would be roughly what I paid. And no worries about "old wound":thumbsup:. But it was the reason I couldn't finish it for last years build off....and the reason I was waiting to full fill my bet I lost also. I put that behind me and just wanna finish it among quite a few others.

Well..the frame was back and forth since April last year till just before Christmas(long story). Why it took so many times you ask..that is a good question. I really don't know the answer. I am a bit picky and maybe a little to picky sometimes. But I only plan on building it once...and want it the way I want it. And cost of chrome was about 350 ish. I had a lot of stuff done at the same time so that would be roughly what I paid. And no worries about "old wound":thumbsup:. But it was the reason I couldn't finish it for last years build off....and the reason I was waiting to full fill my bet I lost also. I put that behind me and just wanna finish it among quite a few others.
That's not a bad price. Plating is more expensive here.

Cheezy, I don't know about 'Garage of Broken Dreams'. These projects are ALIVE n KICKIN baby! Chrome Ruttman's, famous engines, the stuff you know, the quippiest avatars in the forum biz....sheeeeeit!:laugh: You da Man! Nothin's broke around you, just waiting......the interminable waiting. Impatience! That is the root of all project evils. Sometimes it takes so friggin long to git'er done it feeeeels broken. The child is grown, the dream is gone type shit, but it's not true. Not on this site anyway, and definitely not you. I think "Garage of Sighs" would better address the flux of what's really going on. Rock on!:thumbsup:

So when can we expect to see you in your red nose :shrug:
Soon as my new tubes get here that I stole for another bike.
Yea $350 is cheap ! Looks great too cheezy !
Thank you
Shiney, like bald head.

Very nice.
Thank you
Cheezy, I don't know about 'Garage of Broken Dreams'. These projects are ALIVE n KICKIN baby! Chrome Ruttman's, famous engines, the stuff you know, the quippiest avatars in the forum biz....sheeeeeit!:laugh: You da Man! Nothin's broke around you, just waiting......the interminable waiting. Impatience! That is the root of all project evils. Sometimes it takes so friggin long to git'er done it feeeeels broken. The child is grown, the dream is gone type shit, but it's not true. Not on this site anyway, and definitely not you. I think "Garage of Sighs" would better address the flux of what's really going on. Rock on!:thumbsup:
Thank you....And thank you for those kind words. And I will have to add..you get it. I could not even come close to putting that into words the way you did.:thumbsup: