Jeep2003's Radical Ramrod BBO 2013 Open Class

Thanks I got the bottom of the tank made up and welded together next ill make some mounts for it. no pics of that yet. Iv been working on my mini jeep today. The exhaust tips are tips from an old aftermarket vw exhaust system. I actually cut the glass packs off of that to use on my porsche so i had the tips and figured id use them :thumbsup:

heres the bottom of the tank nicely formed. not so nicely welded. gonna have alot of girnding to do :grind: thats ok. next ill make some mounts and weld on the bung

geeze that tank looks terrible in the pics :laugh: It will be pretty when im done trust me :laugh: I started making some chain mail for a seat cover but its taking alot more material than i was thinking. Iv been scrounging for springs of the right diameter and cuting them with a cutoff wheel. works pretty good. And i covered one of the grips with leather from an old handbag. if I get sick of weaving the mail ill do the sides of the seat with the same leather and just use the mail on top. We'll see how it goes :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks ! Yea do i need a job or what :laugh: It was a brain twister figureing it out at first and the best way to go about knitting it. i got my brother into it too. Always wanted to try and make something out of chain mail but iv go no use for the usual clothes . Minibike seat hell yea :smile: the springs were mostly from an old cot bed frame but im about out of those so ive been searching through all my junk looking for more thatll work. I tried making some loops out of a chain i have but that wasnt workin out. springs seem to be the easiest method

geeze that tank looks terrible in the pics :laugh: It will be pretty when im done trust me :laugh: I started making some chain mail for a seat cover but its taking alot more material than i was thinking. Iv been scrounging for springs of the right diameter and cuting them with a cutoff wheel. works pretty good. And i covered one of the grips with leather from an old handbag. if I get sick of weaving the mail ill do the sides of the seat with the same leather and just use the mail on top. We'll see how it goes :thumbsup:

** Holy crap! That is insane. But wait, can't Skully and Leo help you out here? Those small pieces should be right up their alley. Make sure you take a break every now and then, that type of work will drive you insane :eek:ut: :eek:ut: :eek:ut:

Speaking of seat material. Here's something you could use.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-parts/68778-funky-springer-seat.html

Im making good progress on the Ramrod. Iv got it torn down and started cleaning up and painting the pieces. Iv still got to order a cam before i can reassemble the engine. Im gonna go with a 94ss and 1.485 springs and maybe billet lifters. From what I gather that should work fine. Iv got a 16mm (I think) mikuni and raptor3 rod. gonna keep the stock flywheel for now. Im not rpm crazy but ill probrobly weld some thick plates inside the shroud for good measure. So Iv got the seat chain mail mostly done iv just been working on that a few minutes a night in the basement where its warm. Going with Black hammered rattle can on most of the parts and doing the tank and fender probrobly a green with some sort of accents.