Jeep2003's Radical Ramrod BBO 2013 Open Class

Im making good progress on the Ramrod. Iv got it torn down and started cleaning up and painting the pieces. Iv still got to order a cam before i can reassemble the engine. Im gonna go with a 94ss and 1.485 springs and maybe billet lifters. From what I gather that should work fine. Iv got a 16mm (I think) mikuni and raptor3 rod. gonna keep the stock flywheel for now. Im not rpm crazy but ill probrobly weld some thick plates inside the shroud for good measure. So Iv got the seat chain mail mostly done iv just been working on that a few minutes a night in the basement where its warm. Going with Black hammered rattle can on most of the parts and doing the tank and fender probrobly a green with some sort of accents.

make sure you park it in the shade:doah: lookin good:thumbsup:

heres what i did for a bit of flywheel protection. spot welded some scrap plate inside the shroud. Like i said i dont plan on wringing it out but with a cam and heavier springs better safe than sorry :thumbsup: This is the first time iv done this and normally dont run a goveroner. But iv never had an aftermarket cam either so i dont really know what to expect

:smile: thanks iv seen it done before with a bent plate bolted on the outside on a race kart so I figured id try it. and theres plenty of room inside the shroud for it

buckeye

Sure ya did, sure.:laugh:

Honestly, this is one of the builds I am dying to see. Such cool fab skills have been used already, I can't imagine the final outcome. Keep at it cause we are all on the edge of our seats!!

Ok that's the same cam, springs, and head gasket that I'm getting for the Briggs for my DB30 build off bike, should work pretty good I imagine, that's what vwfan79 did and his Briggs looked to work good in the video he made. :thumbsup:

yea from what i read the 94ss seemed like the preferred cam for an unmodified block. I also shaved the head and eyebrows and cleaned up the ports and hopeing my 16mm mikuni will work . another thing i did was shave the top of the valves a bit to lighten them up. I dont know if anybody else does that but it seemed like a good idea :shrug:

Ya I'm not sure on valves, but I don't think it will hurt anything. It seemed like if you don't go with the 94ss or the 107ss the lifter bore area has to be welded to strengthen it because other cams will crack it.

I got the front end all together and done and its looking sweet. next i will work on getting the rear wheel done and on the bike. i have to make a spacer for the sprocket hopefully thats not too difficult. and iv got to get some progress going on the mini jeep before i get booted from the build-off :laugh: busy busy