* Just Another Flat Head Build *

Just what the title says " Just Another Flat Head Build " I'm building a 1994 Briggs & Stratton 5hp cool bore engine, no big high rpm build here ...hopefully just a good sounding , clean build.:wink: I have a special place for this engine....and no its not for a build off !:laugh: Seeing how I'm getting older and can't remember che'ot any more this thread is a reminder for myself .:laugh:

The two engines I tore down ended up being cool bore blocks ( no steel cylinder liner ) so that's what I'm going with. Cool bore aluminum cylinder block and side cover have bushings.. not bearings. But both are in great condition !

And both are 94 model blocks.

CarPlayLB

whatcha gonna do wit' dem engines E?
I see the governor's are gone! Gonna hop 'em up? I digs dem flatheads ya know!

...and I got some parts too! If you need anything, let me know...I just might have it!

Maybe .......a little hop up, and yea no governors ..Eric I've got some stuff on order...maybe....a little, BILLET !:laugh:
Thanks Eric and I'll holer at cha Brother .:wink:

whatcha gonna do wit' dem engines E?
I see the governor's are gone! Gonna hop 'em up? I digs dem flatheads ya know!

...and I got some parts too! If you need anything, let me know...I just might have it!
Pssst .....Hey Eric....be careful with this Eric^^^^^^^^^^^^He's known to tell ya everything ya need to know then he'll send ya hard to find parts for free....IE....gaskets that aren't made anymore and bushings for Sebac shocks!! I mean the nerve of this guy!!!! :eek:ut:

Maybe .......a little hop up, and yea no governors ..Eric I've got some stuff on order...maybe....a little, BILLET !:laugh:
Thanks Eric and I'll holer at cha Brother .:wink:
You been warned!!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Easy boys! My inner rage is so large... it has no beginning, it has no end! Don't push my buttons! If you do I will pollute this thread with the dual bearing I/C motor I am building now....or maybe even a pic of the billet I/C motor with the Edelbrock head, billet sidecover, Crane Cam...you guys don't want to release the inner flathead beast! :cursing:

Easy boys! My inner rage is so large... it has no beginning, it has no end! Don't push my buttons! If you do I will pollute this thread with the dual bearing I/C motor I am building now....or maybe even a pic of the billet I/C motor with the Edelbrock head, billet sidecover, Crane Cam...you guys don't want to release the inner flathead beast! :cursing:
Easy there big guy !!!!!!:surrender: This is just another flat head build....meek and mild . :laugh:

Crane Cam? A Tyrranosaurus-Briggs?[emoji14]

..........:laugh:........

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]
I haven't seen much come out of your garage in a while there Eric..:laugh:
Yea......I've been a little lazy lately ...:sleeping: I guess its time to step it up !:laugh:

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Easy there big guy !!!!!!:surrender: This is just another flat head build....meek and mild . :laugh:

Yea......I've been a little lazy lately ...:sleeping: I guess its time to step it up !:laugh:
I think that Buckeye guy was taking a shot at me...or both of us! My junk is top secret and highly sensitive...like me!

CarPlayLB

Crane Cam? A Tyrranosaurus-Briggs?[emoji14]

Hey Rookie! Crane makes nice cams! They sucked in karting because they could not wrap their heads around the "slapper" type cams with their automotive background and were not competitive. I did not need a slapper cam in a minibike so it was the perfect fit! rather than buy the biggest cam and kill my low end, I chose a moderate cam that will get may lard but going! Too many ROOKIES like YOU have to get the biggest cam made then wonder why their bad a$$ motor is a dog! Flippin' ROOKIES!

Get 'em E! I will stop hi-jacking now and look forward to seeing what you do here! I know your skills are way above ROOKIE levels!

Hey Rookie! Crane makes nice cams! They sucked in karting because they could not wrap their heads around the "slapper" type cams with their automotive background and were not competitive. I did not need a slapper cam in a minibike so it was the perfect fit! rather than buy the biggest cam and kill my low end, I chose a moderate cam that will get may lard but going! Too many ROOKIES like YOU have to get the biggest cam made then wonder why their bad a$$ motor is a dog! Flippin' ROOKIES!
Sooooo .275??[emoji51]