* Just Another Flat Head Build *

CarPlayLB

Oooh. That's purdy! Daddy likes!
Believe it or don't, i have never had one of those heads! But! I did just order one of the their flywheels! OldMiniBikes has the best price on the flywheel!

Governor rod hole is not going to be used in this build so I pulled out the brass bushing and tapped the hole 1/8 NPT or pipe thread.

Cylinder got honed out to a nice cross hatch. ( stupid pic doesn't show it :no: )

Removed the last crank seal from the block, and one last cleaning of the block at the car wash...oh yea high pressure and hot soap.:gun_bandana:

Got the new crank seal installed in the block, also crankshaft, cam , lifters and ARC billet rod.

Last edited:
Thanks Twid....but its just a old man trying to full fill a childhood dream. :pimp:...and I got a special bike that I'm building this engine for !:scooter:

With the new head bolted on and shafts and head masked off I painted it Dover White with two coats of urethane clear.

Also a chrome blower housing .

Bet cha can't guess what this engine is going on ? :rolleyes:

Thanks Guys....

Close.. period correct tank, carb and air filter system. Bought off Ebay for $20.00...looks ruff but its actually in pretty good condition.

Cleaned the carb and installed a new diaphram, same with the tank and air filter system. All parts were cleaned , sanded , primed and painted Dover/Artic White from Advance auto parts and then cleared with two part urethane clear.

Also got in the 20 series TAV.