K&S Hornet by Scottessey. 2015 build off JFF class

Scottessey

Thanks, Fellas! :thumbsup:

Recently, a couple of OldMiniBikes pals pointed out to me that there was a Hornet for sale on eBay that had an original clutch cover. So I sent the seller a note to see if he'd be willing to part it out. He wasn't interested in parting it but was able to help me out with some great pics and dimensions so I can fab one up. It was really nice of him to be so generous with his time. Thanks for sharing the link, Fellas. Here's a pic of the eBay bike.

well now scotty......its been a month or better since you've posted on this thread..........I know silence is golden, but I need a fix........what's up?

Scottessey

Hey guys, I've got a roller! I'll post pics of it after I take some tonight. Meanwhile, I've been working on cleaning up the carb. It's been a bit of a bear.

I gave it the usual treatment of laquer thinner in the ultrasonic for a little while, and a scrubbin'.

I even shined up the bowl. It was looking nice until I noticed I could see through it. It had a couple holes in it from corrosion. That was an easy fix though. I grabbed a new bowl for cheap and replaced it.

It came out pretty clean. But then...I realized I somehow forgot to pull out the side jet while cleaning it. I went to take it out but it was really stuck! I unscrewed it but it broke in half! :censure: So now, I have one of my co-workers taking a look at it to see if he can get the other half of the jet out. I'm hoping I can save it, especially after messing with it for this long. But, not to worry, my spirits are still up. I just got back from an anniversary weekend away (19th) with my wife at Mendocino. This carb sucks, but life...life is good. :smile: More pics of the roller and jackshaft coming soon! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

It's all about having balance! My "minibike widow" of a wife allows me garage time as long as I take care of Momma! Happy wife = happy life!

buckeye

Clean as new. Bummer about the jet.
But, you certainly did right for your bride.
Congrats. Ya'll are beating the odds.

Scottessey

Here are some progress pics. I've been swamped at work. I'm glad Pam and Tom finally gave me a poke to get these posted. :laugh:

Last edited:
It looks great! I sold both of my Deluxe Hornets but still have a standard frame model that will be a great little rider. My failing health and dealing with my Dad's stuff woke me up to the fact I have too much stuff for my kids to deal with if I pass away. I will keep one Super Tryke, the Super Bronc, Bearkat Twister, and about seven minibikes. I will still buy some to sell of course, it's what I do and it helps me fund my projects.

You do every machine you work on some serious justice, your craftsmanship is top notch as is your attention to detail. Keep up the great work my Friend.

It looks great! I sold both of my Deluxe Hornets but still have a standard frame model that will be a great little rider. My failing health and dealing with my Dad's stuff woke me up to the fact I have too much stuff for my kids to deal with if I pass away. I will keep one Super Tryke, the Super Bronc, Bearkat Twister, and about seven minibikes. I will still buy some to sell of course, it's what I do and it helps me fund my projects.

You do every machine you work on some serious justice, your craftsmanship is top notch as is your attention to detail. Keep up the great work my Friend.
Thanks Ace! :thumbsup: