"OldMiniBikes Build-Off 2016 Vintage Class"

Talked to the chromeplater. They promised to have my chrome as well as my students bikes chrome all done and delivered on Saturday next week. It is going to be really close but hopefully we can get it all done.

:scared:....I wish you guys the best of luck ! With a teacher like you...they will make it .:thumbsup:
Talked to the chromeplater. They promised to have my chrome as well as my students bikes chrome all done and delivered on Saturday next week. It is going to be really close but hopefully we can get it all done.

Update

I won't be able to see if it starts and runs until I get it together. I have one more order of parts to come in and that should do it. Painting the gas tank and fabricating a fender bracket today. I also have to finish painting an engine for the Wbam bike for the kids.

Attachments

Last edited:
Update

Had a lot of trouble with the tire but I finally got it. I can't do the front because I am waiting for a spoke that will hopefully be here on Tuesday. (Cutting it really close) I should have all of the wiring done tonight. I have to go to the hardware store tomorrow and pray they have a woodruff key for the flywheel. (lost it somewhere, I can't catch a break on this thing) If all goes well I should just make it. I have cables to put on (will be here Tuesday I hope), exhaust and a few other odds and ends. Hopefully it will start and run. Won't be able to try it until I get the woodruff key. Sorry the pictures are a bit bad, it is a tight fit in the basement. When I take the finished pictures it will be outside.

My students bikes are almost complete. They both have engines now and Rambobuilders is really close. Team Wbam should have everything they need to finish on Tuesday. Barring any unforeseen problems they should be completed Tuesday afternoon before school ends. I should be able to take pictures of the kids with the bikes but the video won't be done until after they go home because they need to be ridden in the parking lot and I have to wait until everyone is gone.

DSC00535.JPG DSC00536.JPG DSC00537.JPG DSC00538.JPG

buckeye

I am,l right there with you.
I went to put the engine on and the tank hit the frame.
Take it apart again..
Always something.
You got this!

Update

Still no spark. I am at a stopping point until I get the rest of the parts tomorrow. They should be waiting for me when I get home from work. I can probably finish it by the deadline tomorrow night but I am not going to rush it if I can't get the engine running. Here is the latest pic. I ordered a new coil for it just for fun. It will be here by the end of the week. Even though I may not be able to finish by the deadline I want to be able to take it to Windber.

DSC00539.JPG

I love it!! Hope you can pull a rabbit out of the hat and get it finished in time!! I was missing one ground wire on my build off bike and no spark....maybe just something you over looked!! Anyways good luck!! I'm rooting for you!! :thumbsup:

Not ready to call it yet. I replaced the capasitor and got spark! I still have a chance. My parts should be waiting for me when I get home from work. Hopefully the rest of it will go together with minimal problems. It really depends on when I get home. My students have to finish their bikes and I can't leave until they are done and we shoot the video. I really want them to finish. They really worked hard.