Toyoco Masher 500 Vintage Open Class

Here is what we are starting with :thumbsup: Mid 70's Toyoco Masher 500, I have some PW80 fork legs on their way and I need to find a set of rear shocks that will work and other than a few small things I think I have every thing I will need to finish this build :thumbsup: I'm not sure if it will get any paint or not as it will be ridden and raced not a trailer queen :devil2:

This should be good ! :thumbsup: Glad you are in the build off HP.
Thanks Eric :thumbsup: I might actually finish this time :doah: I think the hardest part will be grafting the new fork legs to the OEM uppers :grind: But I have stolen...... I mean borrowed a couple of ideas from other builds :thumbsup:

I tried a fiber wheel on the tank and wasn't happy with the way it was melting the paint :doah: So I'll take it to work and glass bead blast it and see how it comes out :thumbsup:
before

after

I think the rims will clean up nice though :thumbsup: But its going to take a lot of work by hand :doah: or maybe I'll try those in the glass cabinet too :thumbsup:

And these are the tires I bought a long time ago for this bike :doah: Think I'll try putting them in the oven at work and get them nice and hot, put the tubes in blow them up and let them cool slowly :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The OEM seat is junk :doah: I got this seat from the same Fox I got the rims from :thumbsup: I mocked it up before I knew about the "Build Off" and sent it off to Manchester1 to get redone :thumbsup: