Vintage Class--jeep4me's BUG FLEA

jeep4me

This Flea needs more work then anticipated. I thought it was going to be an easy restore. :doah:

Good Luck to Everybody:thumbsup:

jeep4me

Thanks guys. I like the looks of this bike too.

The foot rests look a little dangerous to me. Seems to me that while riding your foot could slip inside the loop and become caught. This could lead to a major problem, in my opinion. I have a cure for this I believe :grind:.....Dont worry, I'm not cutting them off.:thumbsup:

I need to replace the motor mount plate, repair the lower frame tube and make a new jackshaft bracket. Sounds simple enough, right?:confused:

jeep4me

I'll be removing the engine plate this weekend. Have to stop by harbor freight and get some cutoff wheels for my grinder first.

jeep4me

Made a little progress yesterday.

Removed the engine plate and smoothed out the plate welds. Now to cut the new plate and get it welded into position.:grind:

Hey Steve......... Put some plate on the inside of those foot loops and put small welds on the bottom that could removed if wanted. Or expanded metal. That bike was a good find ! :hammer:

jeep4me

Hey Steve......... Put some plate on the inside of those foot loops and put small welds on the bottom that could removed if wanted. Or expanded metal. That bike was a good find ! :hammer:
I've got other plans for those loops.:thumbsup: Nothing that can't be removed. More for safety then anything.

jeep4me

Still planning on winning the vintage class, but I just have to find some time to work on it. Been working alot of hours at work, going to bed early and the weather hasn't been co-operating with working in the garage.:shrug:

I have most everything I need to finish the build and once the weather warms up some.....look out, I'll turn this bike out in no time.:thumbsup:

jeep4me

Definetly made some progress yesterday on the Flea. I took advantage of the nice weather and the day off work.

Cut the new motor mount plate and the new jackshaft mount that had been removed.

I fixed a couple of bad spots on the frame and welded everything back together.

I'll try to finish getting the frame prepped for painting and see if I can paint it today, or at least this weekend.