Vintage Class: Modern Taco 99

R67

Never got it finished so I am entering it on the Build Off. I started this project with a frame, shocks and T-100 rear tires. The rest of the Taco parts were collected from the OldMiniBikes Taco community. I give props to you guys.

Will name the project later.

[/IMG]

I agree with the copper motor and purple frame, it will look great. :thumbsup: Is that VHT copper metallic engine paint? :shrug:

1stlegendtx

Typically it's silver but this was a copper motor. The copper color looks great with purple.
I have been going round and round with the same thing. I have a nice copper engine and like the way it looks but I keep thinking its supposed to be silver.:doah:

R67

Got some paint on the frame. Ordered new bushing from OldMiniBikes Warehouse. I am on a roll. Might be finished by next month.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Neck

Growing up is optional
Looks GREAT! I think in those days John Steen bought whatever color was cheapest that week, so Copper, Silver or even White, may have been the color of choice. The Copper looks perfect!

R67

I used Krylon X metal purple over blue to give me blueish purple color. I don't know if they still make it but I can't find it in any local stores, bought it a year ago. I finish if off with Dupli-Color Clear Effex to give it a peal look.

R67

Got some more things together on the Taco 99. Test fit the wheels to see how it was going to look. The 6" wheels are definitely taller that the 5" stock wheels. If I go with the 6", I will need to order the taller kick stand.

Last edited: