Chippers Vintage Class Roper

That seat skin is bad to the bone. Looking forward to seeing that one!
Thanks Dave , it's really not as high quality material as a marine grade vinyl but my fingers are crossed that manchester1 will work her magic with it , hey I sent her enough material to make more than one , lol

Finally finishing up some welding , Ond hooked me up with a 1" tubing grab bar , needed something as this Roper was sissy barless !
After grinding I found a couple Itty bitty imperfections to weld up but it really fills out the back of the frame .

Swing arm about done as well ,
Now I can mock up engine and chain to make my mount / spacers for attaching the 72th sprocket to the 8" spinner wheel , only other thing to fab is a spring loaded chain tensioner , with the extended swing arm it will be a nice feature , also welded fork plate on , chrome shop here I come !

Last edited:
Looks like this is going to be a limo Roper. The suspense is killing me. This will be pretty awesome Chipper.

Doc

Last edited:

delray

i hate to see a vintage frame get cut up,but i like it........:grind:
bike is going to ride ten x's better.....:scooter: i like the seat material too.

people thought i was crazy when i wanted to use ostrich skin material.

It sure does here lol. My chromer said that Ohio regulations were tightening and driving the cost up here over the next two years. Not only do we deal with the Fed EPA, we deal with the State EPA. Apparently they don't seem to want anything chromed.

Doc

It sure does here lol. My chromer said that Ohio regulations were tightening and driving the cost up here over the next two years. Not only do we deal with the Fed EPA, we deal with the State EPA. Apparently they don't seem to want anything chromed.

Doc
Doc , exactly what my guy said , EPA , DEQ , IRS , LOL !

Well my chrome work will be done any day now but I'm way more excited about a sneak peek I got of my seat , Karen I'm not sure how to thank you enough , it looks fabulous , You are the Bomb :bowdown::bowdown: