HarleysPapa - 1972 Fox Thunderbolt MX212 - (Vintage Open)

I got these in the mail yesterday :thumbsup: I could tell this was a flawed one and I'm not ready to put one on the recoil yet so I stuck this one to the top of my tool box :thumbsup:

Well I think you all know how much I hate being on page two :doah: I got a bunch of parts here and on their way :thumbsup: I have a long weekend this week so I am going to hit it hard tomorrow afternoon and Friday, finally going to get all the welding done Saturday so I should have a bunch of pic's this weekend :thumbsup:

I think I'm ready to get the welding done :thumbsup: Got the motor and jack shaft all mocked up so we can make mounts for the cover and the custom header :thumbsup: Oh I looked at how dirty the motor I was going to use was and decided to use a new one I had, I pulled the carb off the other motor and got a timing key for this one(timing key $8 time saved cleaning motor priceless) I need a few thing like a valve cover gasket :doah: I gave the one from this motor to someone and someone else said they had one for me and well :doah: I might need a driven too, the one I was going to use I couldn't get off the backing plate and the one I have on there appears to be bent :eek:ut:

Find one of those Rubber valve cover gaskets on Ebay and I will buy it and have it sent to you... I thought I gave you one. Sorry...
Are the front shocks the same as the rear with the covers off?

Find one of those Rubber valve cover gaskets on Ebay and I will buy it and have it sent to you... I thought I gave you one. Sorry...
Are the front shocks the same as the rear with the covers off?
I'm not worried about it :thumbsup: Dave was supposed to give me one but I haven't heard from him since last September :eek:ut: I'm going to get a TAV so I'll get one then :thumbsup: The front shock are OEM :shrug:

Engine looks good Randy....but I might be a little partial to yellow. :wink: I might have a VC gasket but not a driven.

Last edited:
I like the dents. But that's just me. I agree with the member who suggested making them uniform. A little massaging and its now a custom factory tank...

Engine looks good Randy....but I might be a little partial to yellow. :wink: I might have a VC gasket but not a driven.
I like the dents. But that's just me. I agree with the member who suggested making them uniform. A little massaging and its now a custom factory tank...
I still like the direction you're going with this. Shaping up nice.
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

buckeye

I think I'm ready to get the welding done :thumbsup: Got the motor and jack shaft all mocked up so we can make mounts for the cover and the custom header :thumbsup: Oh I looked at how dirty the motor I was going to use was and decided to use a new one I had, I pulled the carb off the other motor and got a timing key for this one(timing key $8 time saved cleaning motor priceless) I need a few thing like a valve cover gasket :doah: I gave the one from this motor to someone and someone else said they had one for me and well :doah: I might need a driven too, the one I was going to use I couldn't get off the backing plate and the one I have on there appears to be bent :eek:ut:

Gonna be a handfull.
Really nice Randy.

Well I think I finally have all the mock up done and all the parts I need either here or on order :thumbsup: I am still undecided on the frame color, I'm thinking either gloss black or gloss dark blue :shrug:
Well here is what we got done today :thumbsup:

Stretched the kick stand about 3 1/2 inch's and bent it in 2 different directions :doah:

Fabed a header, I can even add a muffler if I want or need to :thumbsup:

I got the front number plate mount and the front fender done,four original mounting holes filled and two new ones drilled :thumbsup:

Filled eight holes in the rear fender and put the mount on :thumbsup:

I think the only thing I am missing is a cable stay like this :doah: If anyone has one let me know I would be more than happy to buy it :thumbsup:

Now the fun begins, complete tear down clean and sand blast what I can and then paint :thumbsup: All the smaller parts I can sand blast and paint at work but the frame is another story :doah:

Randy...your bike just has a wicked stance to it ! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I like it all, nice job so far .
Thanks brother :thumbsup: It looks a lot bigger than it is, I thought it was huge compaired to my other bikes until I pulled it into Tommy's shop today and parked it next to a lifted Jeep :doah:

Last edited: