Minibikin's - Loco Taco Supreme - (Just for fun class)

Minibikin's - Loco Taco Supreme - (Vintage Class)

So, I'm way behind. I planned to drop the parts at my powder coater this past weekend. Well, my youngest son [MENTION=47778]BonanzaBadBoy[/MENTION] pointed out a major issue that could have been bad. The seat mounts are wrong. I've never owned one of these and had no clue. [MENTION=18286]manchester1[/MENTION] told me something was fishy with the seat. A call from [MENTION=31471]mrpat[/MENTION] confirmed it! Straps should be under the frame and mine are on top.[emoji53] So a trip to Dad's shop this weekend will hopefully remedy this and I'll get back on track!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So, I'm way behind. I planned to drop the parts at my powder coater this past weekend. Well, my youngest son [MENTION=47778]BonanzaBadBoy[/MENTION] pointed out a major issue that could have been bad. The seat mounts are wrong. I've never owned one of these and had no clue. [MENTION=18286]manchester1[/MENTION] told me something was fishy with the seat. A call from [MENTION=31471]mrpat[/MENTION] confirmed it! Straps should be under the frame and mine are on top.[emoji53] So a trip to Dad's shop this weekend will hopefully remedy this and I'll get

the student has become the teacher , you must redeem yourself grasshopper :chinese:

Got the remnants of the "pegs" off today. Removed the incorrect seat mounts too. Hopefully it stays warm here because that motivates me to work! Gotta dress the last little bit of extra weld off and then new seat mount!

Last edited:
I have the color picked. Soon as I get the seat mount welded on, it's off to the blast cabinet. I'll be posting engine and parts pics in the next day or two.

Well, not quite the day I hoped to have. Spent an hour installing a breaker and wiring an outlet for the Hobart Beta MIG 250 I've never used. Planned on welding the correct seat mount so this heap can get blasted.[emoji53] After cutting and fitting the mount, we flipped on the power and I tried a test weld. Breaker tripped.[emoji848] After calling some friends, it appears that the Internet research for the correct breaker size was incorrect.[emoji35] Sooooo we now have to switch the breaker and wire to the outlet. This hooptie just keeps fighting me!!

Finally. Thanks to my Dad, the welding is line upgraded to 6 wire and a 50 amp breaker. Bingo!! Seat strap is fixed. I'm no welder by any means. I get by but my 14 year old is determined to learn me new tricks!

Last edited:
Gratuitous engine parts pic. NOS Raptor carb, ARC rod, Edelbrock head, secret squirrel camshaft, Billet lifters and so on...

Finally. Thanks to my Dad, the welding is line upgraded to 6 wire and a 50 amp breaker. Bingo!! Seat strap is fixed. I'm no welder by any means. I get by but my 14 year old is determined to learn me new tricks!

Now that's a nice weld !

But this stuff is nicer !!!!:thumbsup:

Gratuitous engine parts pic. NOS Raptor carb, ARC rod, Edelbrock head, secret squirrel camshaft, Billet lifters and so on...