Murray track 2 build

20140814_173602.jpg 20141219_155124.jpg 20141219_155432.jpg

picked up a track 2 a while back broke it down and today picked it up from the powder coater. I then went in search of a nut for the top of the fork stem with no luck. Took the tires off the rims today and beat the bearings out as they felt crunchy.
I have a new in the box predator hemi to put in when I get all the parts. ill post pics as it comes along:smile:

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Hey Charlie,
Nice color on the Murray!
a bicycle shop may have that top nut, but it will be open at the top. I have used one and plugged it with a chrome hole plug. I think I gave all mine away, but I will take a look for you! I have done a couple of Murrays...let me know if you need anything!

Hi carplay i will check a few other bike shops, ive been to two and a fastener place with no luck. My bearing cups are cracked as well, i left the cup on the fork as i was afraid it might break if removed now i have to scrape:cursing: i am excited tp get it up n running.

Thanks SANDCRACKER. I was all set to order a predator performance kit and my dog got very sick cost me 400 for a 15 min visit to vet:censure:. So now it looks like i may have to make it work without aftermarket air filter i went by another bike shop with no luck on the steering stem bearings and cups the bearings are ok but cups have a single crack in them if i have to i will jb weld them and sand it smooth. 125CC CRAZY thats looks like what i need for the top of the stem if i am not sure what the thread pitch is but it is very fine if you are willing to part with it pm me and we can go from there. I still have original clutch and chain not in great shape though. Rear sprocket is huge not sure what gearing would be best it will have to work for now. I like the brake mount strut on CARPLAY LB murray build if i can get one cheap i will try to do same thing. Sanding wheels tomorrow i have some blue spray paint ill use up and i need 1 tire as the rear is worn out. Wheel bearings are on order.
Little by little:scooter:

CarPlayLB

Charlie,
I have a complete front wheel assembly, with new bearings, and a very nice tire...and in the spirit of Old Fat Guys everywhere...you pay shipping, and it is yours! ...but wait, if you act now (for a limited time only) you can get a set of free steak knives...kidding 'bout the steak knives...but I do have some bearings and races that might (Yes, I said might!) work for you, that I will throw in!...and that's not all...tell him what he has won! I also have an extra(yes EXTRA) 54 tooth steel sprocket for the Murray...and it's only BRAND new! It will gear ya a bit high, but will give ya top end!...and if you have not ordered bearings yet, I will give a pair of those too! Whaddya say...:thumbsup:wanna play?

Try looking up "headsets" under Bicycle Components and Parts on Ebay. Murray would have used their bicycle parts building the minibike vice coming up with a completely new bearing set.

Try looking up "headsets" under Bicycle Components and Parts on Ebay. Murray would have used their bicycle parts building the minibike vice coming up with a completely new bearing set. See Ebay item 151058584965.

buckeye

Way to step up Eric.

I have a fancy air filter adapter you can have if you need.
It's just one of the aluminum filter adapters.
If you want it I can send it to you.

You guys are the best thanks for all the help with parts and knowledge , times are tough right now and now i will have the parts to complete this build.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Received a brown box with much needed parts in the mail courtesy of carplaylb. Painted the wheels blue not sure how they will look but ill be pressing in the bearings tomorrow and then mount the tires and test fit the motor as the new sprocket is a lot smaller than the stock one so ill need a smaller chain. My clutch looks ok is has some play in the bushing and the teeth are pretty worn but im on a big time budget here so it will have to do for now. As far as exhaust goes i will try cutting the flange off on the stock muffler and make my own pipe.