Predator 212cc Throttle Cable Screw Stripped

Dan is a great kid (not really a kid but he is compared to me :laugh:) I think he learned a lot and will be a bike fixing expert in no time!

My vice grips worked just like we thought they would. The set Dan bought have straight long jaws that weren't as good for this job. :shrug:

After a closer look at his bike I think it is Cat 250x. At least the back half is, I'm not sure about the forks. Bone stock Hemi Predator starts and runs like a dream. I didn't count teeth but I guess he is geared 5:1. With those little 5" wheels it's got great acceleration.

I'm looking forward to getting together again and maybe even do some riding! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dan is a great kid (not really a kid but he is compared to me :laugh:) I think he learned a lot and will be a bike fixing expert in no time!

My vice grips worked just like we thought they would. The set Dan bought have a straight long grip that weren't as good for this job. :shrug:

After a closer look at his bike I think it is Cat 250x. At least the back half is, I'm not sure about the forks. Bone stock Hemi Predator starts and runs like a dream. I didn't count teeth but I guess he is geared 5:1. With those little 5" wheels it's got great acceleration.

I'm looking forward to getting together again and maybe even do some riding! :thumbsup:
Definitely learned a lot this evening!

Yeah, your vice grips worked perfectly! Wishing I would of got a set like those! :laugh:

Thanks for ID'ing it again, too. Like I said before, I had no idea what it was, or if it was something the previous owner just made :laugh: Yeah, that predator runs fantastic. I'm loving what we did tonight, never had the throttle return fully closed like that... It's great! Haha! The kill switch is nice too! Who knew the one the previous owner included actually could work as a killswitch? Certainly not me. Only thing I'm going to try to change, is the way it's set up, I have to hold it until the engine grinds out or else it'll start back up. I think I've read somewhere else on this forum that if it's wired into the oil sensor side instead of just tapped into the side we have it in, all it needs is that momentary push, without the need to hold it down. Is that correct? If so, I might try switching that tomorrow for shits and giggles, to see if that works that way.

Sounds great, I'd love that!

Last edited:
You can try that but I think all momentary switches work that way. The ignition needs to stay grounded until the engine spins down or it will restart itself.

I have a few toggle switches (maintain position) laying around you might like better. Close the switch and she stays grounded. Just gotta remember to flip it back before you try starting it again! :thumbsup:

You can try that but I think all momentary switches work that way. The ignition needs to stay grounded until the engine spins down or it will restart itself.

I have a few toggle switches (maintain position) laying around you might like better. Close the switch and she stays grounded. Just gotta remember to flip it back before you try starting it again! :thumbsup:
I just tried switching it, and it worked! I rigged it in the same way you did the other one, and it works like a dream! Since I wanted to keep the low oil sensor hooked up, I simply weaseled that wire into the green wire sleeve thing, then put a few loops of electrical tape to make sure it doesn't come undone from any rough riding. I don't have to hold it down anymore or anything! just a quick tap, and the engine dies. Wish I knew why it works that way on the oil sensor side though...

I think I read somewhere that's part of the low oil sensor design, so the switch being on that circuit instead of the main one makes it like it its triggering the low oil sensor, which just kills the engine outright without the need to keep the circuit closed (or open, I forget, haha)

Last edited: