Windber Minibike Reunion 2012

Will you be attending Windber Mini Bike Reunion? (Answer Honestly!)

• Yes!

Votes: 57 32.4%
  • No.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 33 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its roughly 1300 miles to Windber from my home so on a bike at a conservative 20 mph it would only take me 65 hours or roughly 10 days of 8.5 hour days with a 15 min break every 2 hours and a 1 hour lunch.
But the problem would be bringing three bikes and only two riders I would have to drive one have Ron double me back , get on the other one ride it a mile past the first one lol.
or I could build a bike trailer and tow one .

Iam glad to have a truck and am not afraid to use it. I built a raised platform in the back of my truck so I can haul 3 bikes on top and camping gear underneath will take a picture and post it today.
Rob

OK it my turn to bitch, I was informed by my Boss, (1st email) that my request for two days off has been denied, he sites behind on work load, up coming shift adjustments. Then (2nd email) Changes my shift from Monday through Friday 6:30am to 3pm to Tuesday through Saturday 9am to 5:30pm and working alternating Mondays till caught up. Pray with me I find a new job before the 14th, cause the plane ticket is bought and payed for, and non refundable F:censure:U:censure:C:censure::censure:

It is easier to be forgiven than it is to get permission:laugh:

Some men go just where they want , some men never go

Maybe the sponsor could add a dollar fee to the admission for everyone and give it to the winner of the Traveler who comes from the greatest distance to attend. Based on the address on their license. Might help to reduce costs for that person. And I am not a contender only 500 miles for me....

MB165

Here are some goodies Im bringing to windber, for sale or trade...they are mostly doubles, spares and stuff I just dont use anymore.

I posted them in the classifieds section as well.

This is for windber only I dont want to ship it, runs real good. I pulled the head and it looks good, still has the factory hone marks in it.....gear reduction crankshaft though.....

Last edited:

TomH

Hmm let me guess MB.. you did some hot rodding motor building, and either plumbing or HVAC work. I likes the wood handled pipe wrench.:pimp:

A great group of guys!

Yes Leon did weld this thing up for my son... The neck sheered off on the trails, split completely away from the frame - my son went from catastrophe on Friday - to riding this thing in the parade on Saturday and beating it on the trails afterwards for more fun. No spare part less a new frame and some industrial sanding would have fixed this - or a nice guy like Leon with his welder on site. This is our 5th year in a row and are looking forward to seeing everyone again in two weeks!

Andy

Anything can break.....but I believe even this guy was up and running again in a few hours. If you prep and go over your machine beforehand youll be good.

Ill have a plug gun in my tool stash for us tubeless tire guys

Last edited:
The governor is still intact, you might have to set the gov arm though as I did have it off the engine.Just close attention to detail, I also set the valve lash on that motor.That engine still had all its honing in the cyl so I know it had very low hours on it:thumbsup:I like the header pipe you put on it and I know the motor likes it too.
Click for video......... :scooter::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The old man finished his header for the Roper Rat and hooked it up with one of the gas tanks he has for it too. Only bike left now that needs any attention before we leave is my Rupp. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.