1. A

Predator 212 bogs at low rpms

ill be honest, was practicing wheelies and had a good one going but didnt end so hot. took a little spill. it hasnt run right since. ripped the carb out not one single sign of damage. running stock airbox upgraded exhaust, gov removed. when i go to start it will start up fine and idle but taking...
  2. dylanc4941

Predator 212 Bogging at low RPM

I just installed the upgraded air filter kit and 140 emulsion tube with the 36 jet. Still running stock exhaust. It will idle great but right after I take off after the clutch is fully disengaged, it spudders and goes in and out. This only happens at low rpms. If I go full throttle it's fine and...
  3. P

212 dies when cornering?? Low oil disconnected.

Good Morning OldMiniBikes, I am looking for some help. I recently acquired a go kart for next to nothing. It had a 5.5hp Tecumseh power sport on there. It was not quite fast enough and I always wanted to see what the predator hype was about. I pulled the tec and installed the 212. Runs great. Unless...
  4. A

AFR Predator Air Filter Oil Or Not & Choke Hold "Q's"

Hi Guys - I just got my paper filter kit (along with a header - lots of popping on deccel so I guess its running rich, filter may help lean it out) for my sons Predator 212 which has been a surprisingly strong engine and held up well! Question is this, being a user of K&N filters in 3 of my cars...
  5. brendanp

predator 212 OMFG!!

So anyway, its been a while since i have been on here. I just finally finished up my 212 install. I have to thank all you guys for the help I got. also, some guys sent me free parts. But I got to take it for a lil spin today, and OMG. That this is pretty damn fast! It was pulling wheelies...
  6. F

flywheel question

Will a OE aluminum flywheel off a vertical shaft honda engine work on a horizontal shaft predator 212 ?
  7. F

Carb spacer ?

The black plastic spacer between the head and carb somehow cracked on me, do I need this piece ? Can I just not use it ? Or where can I get a new one .. Predator 212
  8. R

212 predator hemi mods?

I wana start modding my 212 predator. Its not governed since i had to stretch a spring to get motor to drop down to idle. the first speed run i made was 30mph not knowing my govner was not gona work. Turned throttle stop in a bunch and droped it to 20mph. My goal is to try and get back to 30mph...
  9. R

manco thunderbird motor swap

I am swaping the motor from a 3.5hp(tecumseh flathed) to a 212 predator motor. i notice once i got the 212 on the bike that the torque convertor that was on the 3.5hp would not work with this motor. So now im stuck between just put a clutch on the 212 and run it that way or i have a 5hp briggs...
  10. gomurray2track

Preadtor 212 dies when throttled up

Hey Guys, I'm at a lost with this motor. Could really use some help. I have a brand new 212, header, air filter kit, and 037 jet, and 140 e tube installed. It starts fine but runs at a high idle and when i give it a little throttle it dies. I've try cleaning the carb, using the 036 jet. nothing...
  11. M

Twist Throttle with Predator 212

Hi, ive been having an issue since upgrading the stock db30 engine for the predator 212. To max out the throttle on the predator engine I have to twist the stock db30 throttle much farther and i think beyond what it is meant to be twisted. It has gotten stuck a couple times halfway down when...
  12. F

Predator 212 oil leak

FYI for new Predator 212 owners.... After getting the blue mini running I had a oil leak next to the rear fill plug. I could see it leaking between the cover plate and case. Tried to tighten the bolt but it didn't help. What I found was the factory bolts were to long and bottoming out. Put two...
  13. Scooterh

New predator 212 won't rev?

I have a brand new predator 212 that will start and idle, but as soon as I try to give it gas, it sputters and dies. Won't rev at all. Will just idle. Any ideas?? I can't take it back because I already removed the gas tank and air filter. Cut the wire to the oil sensor switch, and cut off the...
  14. A

Quest for speed

I'm going to start this now so I can let others follow and so I can look back at where I started. Stock 212 predator, with zip tie for couple more rpms 60t rear, 17t front, 4.10/3.50-5 tires. Top speed 49mph
  15. sparkwizard

Swapped a 212 for a 97....performance help, please?

My son is 13. I am over 50. I have been riding for a long time. we swapped 212 onto his DB30 over the winter. It put me on my backside very quickly. Last weekend, he swapped the 97 back onto it. I know what you guys think about this engine. He loves the way it runs and it is fast enough for our...
  16. B

header for 212 going on a murray track2

jit's got a pipe on it but ide like something that goes under my seat any shops make a bolt on one?
  17. L

modded predator 212

I have modded a predator 212 to drag race at my local track. Mods include fuel pump, billet flywheel, billet connecting rod +.020, mod 2 cheater cam, 18lb springs, high flow carb, air filter, aftermarket header and RLV muffler. The problem I am having now is that everytime I rev up the engine to...
  18. M

Carb Jets

Does the GX390 carb use the same jets as the predator 212?
  19. M

Billet rod / gx390 carb

Just got my rod in and it fits real tight on the crank. Has anyone had this happen. Also has anyone used the gx390 carb on the 212?
  20. CmeBckKd

Boring a Predator 212 carb

What's the best mods you have done to a predator 212 carb or gx200? Or most you have bored the stock carb? Is 0.700 too much for the Venturi?